the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, July 20, 2007

Train, train - take me on out of this town

In about seven hours, I'll be on a Chicago-bound Amtrak, barreling toward my fourth concert in as many weeks. Tardist is accompanying/putting up with me, that we may see Zappa Plays Zappa, Dweezil Zappa's tribute to his daddy, Frank. Since I won't be back with updates until at least Saturday night, I thought the least I could do would be to share some videos that will make you wish you'd just gone ahead and jabbed your eyes out with that little silver crab fork at Red Lobster last week.



Carmen Miranda...bizarre as always.



Electric Six "Gay Bar"...will you ever look at a five-dollar bill the same way again?



Bobby and Cissy on Lawrence Welk...hard to say which triggers the acid flashback first, the dance itself or the outfits.

9 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger eclectic said...

Have a great weekend, Bucky!

1:45 AM, July 20, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Yeah!!!!! I devoted Sheik Yerbouti Friday to you today. Hope you and Tardist enjoy the show - I think you will.

9:30 AM, July 20, 2007  
Blogger Jonn Wood said...

Electic Six? We're talking about the same act that ruined lightbulbs for me forever.

12:46 PM, July 20, 2007  
Blogger Bone Machine said...

What Larry Welk's show lacked in dirty dancing, it made up for in hallucinogenic clothing.

2:22 PM, July 20, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

It's always Bucky bringin' in the bizarre.

Carmen Miranda should be under the definition of bizarre. But Bobby and Cissy, wow! Those outfits were on acid.

Hope you're havin' a great time!

3:03 PM, July 20, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have lots of fun, Bucky!

10:28 PM, July 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I loved that Bobby and Cissy were wearing those bizarre outfits to dance to Captain and Tennille.
Have a great time! I heart Zappa!

4:09 PM, July 21, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

I think it's a combination of the outfits and the dance itself.
I must go uncross my eyes now.
:P

11:41 PM, July 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun, Katy Caverna!!

Yanno, there must be something in the air about Carmen Miranda. Hubby is addicted to I Love Lucy and saw the epi where Lucy was lipsyncing to Miranda's LP; I happen to have a compilation CD of Miranda's tunes. So we've been having fun with it:) Something's in the air!

I think that second vid is more bizarre than the first!

And that last vid? The choreography is quite tight! Gahhhhh, 1970s clothing truly sucked....

12:43 AM, July 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home