the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Finally, more art disgorged

Festive Petulance (self portrait)
Festive Petulance (self portrait), acrylic, 8" X 10"

Last night, I finally decided that this sucker was done and I slapped my signature on it. I've been working on it since June (this one and the companion to the Whore Clown, but he's not done yet). This is the closest to realistic I've ever tried to paint; I just wish the colors showed better in the photo than they do (and also that you could see texture). But I figured, if I screwed up a self portrait, only I could be offended by it!

Now it's back to the clown portraits, I reckon. If you need me, I'll be squeezing into a tiny car with about 15 other clowns, er, artists.

11 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's wonderful.

1:03 PM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Actually, she's a cheap whore, but thank you! :D

1:12 PM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Awesome!!!
I love it!

2:33 PM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

Hey, lookey there!! It's my festively petulant sister!!!

Wish I had an ounce of your talent for visual arts.

3:20 PM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*giggling over Susie's comment on Flickr*

*overlooking his hatred of Flickr whilst still giggling*

*wonders what part of Bucky's home has that blast of upward shooting and colorful light*

7:32 PM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Yeah, the color really didn't come through properly, did it? But it's cool!

9:13 PM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

Girrrrl, I LOVE this!

1:23 AM, August 12, 2007  
Blogger Ms SnS said...

I love this, but I want to see (your version) of Friday or Thirteen's self portrait. Then we get creativity AND puddies all at once!

2:58 AM, August 12, 2007  
Blogger Ms SnS said...

Uhm, yeah, can you tell I've been too long without my own cats?

2:58 AM, August 12, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful, Ms. K.! I love her—cheap whore or not.

6:00 AM, August 12, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Thanks, everybody!

And I'm sure the cat portraits will happen eventually. You can pretty much bank on that! :)

12:30 AM, August 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home