the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Head east

'Tis off to Flint I go
I'll eat at Sagano
And Badawest
Is still the best
Out on Corunna Road

No, really, I'm going for more than the food. But, I'll have to admit, the food makes the deal a little sweeter.

I will see some friends and family that I haven't seen in way too long (and meet some new babies that my friends had the nerve to birth while my back was turned). Supposedly, my hotel has high-speed internet, so I'll try to post my adventures from the road. That said, I really hope I don't have too much exciting adventure on the road. I had enough of that the other day on the way home from the movies when I got a ticket for expired plates.

Oh, completely off topic here, but did I mention that Squirl and I saw Hairspray on Monday? We laughed our silly asses off (luckily, so did the other ten people in the theater), and then when we got up to leave, Squirl danced all the way down the aisle and tossed her empty popcorn bag into the trash in time to the music. Hell, the music was so catchy that even I almost danced. Almost. And then I got a ticket.

Anyway, yes - I'm going to Flint in a few hours, and I'm not even packed. So maybe I'd better go do that shit, huh?

I'll be dreaming of a Big John's #25 half, no olives, no oil. And a Boston cooler from Halo Burger. There's serious doubt as to whether I will lose any weight on this trip.

14 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Usually *I'm* the one that gets a ticket for dancing.

Oh, and if you run into that lady from Roger & Me, tell her "Bloggerific says to STOP it with the rabbits already! You're freaking him out!"

That is all.

7:29 AM, August 16, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey - we are broadcasting both in Armada and in Caseville - Armada fair is kinda iffy (dull) but Caseville rocks - why don't you and Squirl come up there on Saturday?

Come to the County Park on Main street and visit me at the video tent where are broadcasting - the Parrots are really good, and so is the steel drum band from Petoskey.

http://tinyurl.com/2b6svo

9:50 AM, August 16, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought it was “go west, old girl, go west.” But I suppose east is OK, too, if that’s were the food and newborns are.

Be safe, Bucky, be safe.

12:22 PM, August 16, 2007  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

I LOVE Halo Burger! My friend Kim's parents own one... or the chain... I can never remember. Anyway, when I would go home with her from college we would always have about 382309423 Boston coolers because they rock. The Vernors makes all the difference. Have fun!!

12:52 PM, August 16, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Have fun, little sis. Call me if you have any time between visiting and eating.

Now I'll just dance my way out of your blog...

2:52 PM, August 16, 2007  
Blogger Phil said...

I never voluntarily went to Flint. Of course during the times that I HAD to go, I was married to Evil Wife #2 who has family there. Maybe that is why just saying the word "Flint" makes me flinch.

Namaste.

8:43 PM, August 16, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok. You go East. I'll go SouthWest. Meet ya back here in a few days...

9:56 PM, August 16, 2007  
Blogger Bob said...

so, did travolta live up to the legacy of devine?

did you see the subtitled version so you could sing along with the movie?

inquiring minds (and lurkers) want to know.

12:09 AM, August 17, 2007  
Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

I went to Hairspray on opening night, every seat filled, sat in the front row with a mostly Black audience who was just as vocal as I.

LOVED IT!

1:11 AM, August 17, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

STILL haven't seen Hairspray yet... dammit. I'm the jealous sister today.

9:36 AM, August 17, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Ticket for dancing? Wow, they're STRICT!
Please have a Boston Cooler for me, mmkay? Sounds wonderful! :o)

8:17 PM, August 17, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Mr. B - I didn't see the pets or meat lady this trip, though I have seen her around town any number of times. You can tell she's coming, when all the bunnies hide.

Opera gal - already back home by fair time, though I think some of my friends went to Caseville for some Jimmy Buffet thing over the weekend.

SSNick - Newborns and food. Just don't mix 'em up.

Charlotte - I never made it to Halo Burger, but that just means it's my first stop next time.

Squirl - you got the rhythm in the family.

Phil - Just go by yourself and hit some of the strip joints on Dort Highway. It'll make you feel better about Flint!

CKelli - I have a feeling I beat you home.

Bob - no, it wasn't subtitled. Too bad, because that looks like fun! John Travolta was hilarious, but nobody could ever be Divine.

Mermaid - that sounds like the PERFECT way to see it!

Eclectic - you can't tell me they don't have thee-ay-ters where you live!

M_D - if you saw me dance, you'd realize the ticket was justified.

3:25 PM, August 19, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

thats the event allright - known as Cheeseburger in Caseville - we broadcast it live on the Interwebs

7:01 PM, August 19, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a feeling you might be right.

10:10 PM, August 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home