the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Unearthed pigeon and pie

In my aimless first-thing-in-the-morning web surfing today, I happened to stumble upon a video I had never seen.

"But Katy," I hear you saying, "surely there are millions of videos on the web you haven't seen, many of them involving donkeys and urine."

Fair enough. But in this case, I found a video that I probably should have seen before now. You see, my late brother JD made his money as a musician and composer, and this video features his music. In truth, I never knew this existed before today; I'd heard the music before, but never had any idea it was the soundtrack to a short animation. The release date is a year after his death, which would probably explain why he'd never mentioned the project to us before (he did a bit of work with Nickelodeon, which I believe is where this originated).

So, dig this. It's awesomely weird; and the music...well, maybe I'm biased. ;)


10 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

Of course the music is great! That is a weird little cartoon. But I'm glad I finally got to see it.

1:16 PM, November 27, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Um. Wow. Clearly, that is one of the most disturbing "cartoons" I've seen.

The music though, is very cool.

Onion pie! Onion pie! Onion pie!

1:35 PM, November 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. How overwhelmingly cool is that?

And now... if I ever go skydiving... I vow to shout, "Onion Pie!" as I cut through the air.

2:14 PM, November 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Go ahead, eat me! Get it over with!" If I had a nickel . . .

That was delightful. How on earth did you discover it?

5:28 PM, November 27, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for finding and sharing this one, Katy. I enjoyed it. So much so, that I won't even comment on its theological implications.

8:24 PM, November 27, 2007  
Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

Wow! What a wonderful surprise for you! That was too cool! Great music, great little show all around!

11:42 PM, November 27, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

That was a GREAT video and the music was PERFECT. That's the coolest damn thing I've ever seen.

Of course, the suicidal pie helps - it always does.

10:03 AM, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Suicidal Pie. Sounds like a good name for a rock group.

11:57 AM, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooo, Squirl-Bob - yes it does! Let's start one. You be the hot lead singer chick, Bucky can be the OTHER hot lead singer chick and I'll be...um.....the guy who moves things from the truck?

10:17 AM, November 29, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Jim, I think we've got a start here. But you should be on the stage. Maybe the tambourine or something.

9:07 PM, November 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home