the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Flashback (now with red ribbons)!

I'll tell you what: we really knew how to dress in 1975.


My favorite outfit ever

Left to right: Bride's sister, looking like I just farted in her face; groom's sister (me), looking like I might perhaps have just farted in her face; best man, looking like he just wants his damned drink so he can get back to all the babes in the forest-green hooded bridemaids' dresses.

It's too bad this picture doesn't adequately capture the level of frill that is on my dress. Wearing it in a public place was slightly mortifying for me, and when the night was over, I couldn't wait to wriggle into a pair of bluejeans and pee standing up.

6 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

I forgot about the red ribbons. And, man, did I ever have a crush on the best man. Did for years. Wonder if he thought I was a babe. I sure was wearing a forest-green hooded bridesmaid dress. :-)

8:09 AM, January 09, 2010  
Blogger eclectic said...

Niiiiiiiice. I had a Gunne Sax (sp?) dress a lot like that in pale yellow with the white lace frills. Shoot me, please.

11:35 AM, January 09, 2010  
Anonymous Susie said...

Yes, Gunne Sax(sp?), that's what I was trying to think of. Adorable. And I'd love to see the bridesmaid dresses!

5:03 PM, January 09, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd trade you. I had the homemade very pink version of that dress.

Wayyyyy too much pink.

6:07 PM, January 09, 2010  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

GAH!!!!!!!

*clunk*

3:28 PM, January 12, 2010  
Anonymous Flying Mermaid said...

Now I can die happy.

12:58 AM, January 13, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home