the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Now I'm a Tag Hag

Well, I was just mindin' my own business today when Jessica gave me a mugging that she so delicately calls a "tag." You wanna see the bruise?

Anyway, I have been tagged with The Questions, which I am honor-bound to answer and then pass on to three worthy grasshoppers. So fasten your chinstraps, homies.

1. What book would I like to be?

Geek Love. Because I would relish the horrified looks on people's faces as I read myself aloud.

2.Have I ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Well, I wouldn't kick Lestat out of bed for biting below the neck.
And, aaaah, I think I had a pre-teen hot spot for either Ponyboy or Sodapop in "The Outsiders" - I can't remember which one.

3.What is the last book I bought?

Fiction? That's pitiful. I think it was "Lord of the Rings" (all three in one volume) just before the second movie came out.
Nonfiction for fun: "Melody in Songwriting : Tools and Techniques for Writing Hit Songs" by Jack Perricone

4. What is the last book I read?

Fiction: "The Joy Luck Club" (on loan from Squirl)

5.What am I currently reading?

Blogs, fer chrissake, lots and lots of blogs! Tattoo magazines. I'm not really in the middle of a book, unless you count that page turner about Melody in Songwriting. Don't anybody tell me how it ends!

6. What 5 books would I take with me if I was stranded on a Island?

Geek Love by Katherine Dunne
Don Quixote by Miguel Cervantes
London Fields by Martin Amis
The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (hard to pick just one of the early Chronicles for me)
Self-Gratification with Coconuts for Dummies

7. What 3 people am I going to tag and make answer these questions and why?

Ern, because she had a dream about me, which makes her a survivor, and everybody loves a survivor's story.

Susie, because any friend of Gumby's is a friend of mine.

Greatwhitebear, because he always gives ME lists!

Tag, tag, tag.

13 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Another early Anne Rice fan. You know, I have "Violin" on book AND on CD and I haven't been able to get through either one of 'em? I guess since you blogger types toss around this book "Geek Love" so much, I should check it out. It's not full of terminology I will be confused by, is it? (words like "the" and "because" and "Dilbert").

11:33 PM, March 20, 2005  
Blogger Zombie_Flyboy said...

Cool answers, I'm a big Anne Rice fan too.

Have you read, "Blackwood Farm", and if so how is it?

And if you don't mind, what is the picture you use for an id? What does it mean? What is the story behind it?

It is interesting to look at, and always makes me curious about you.

Later!

2:23 AM, March 21, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Dazed - Oh, no, not at all. "Geek" in this case is the carny meaning (dude who bites off the chicken heads) rather than the technogeek meaning. The book is just sick, sick, sick, and you won't be able to put it down.

Zombie - No, I haven't read "Blackwood Farm." I think "The Vampire Armand" was the last Chronicle I read. Looks like I got some catchin' up later on.

The profile pic: It's a painting I did (probably early '90s?) called "Who Wants to Play With Old Veinface." I have no idea where it came from, but the paintbrush told me to, so there you have it. :)
Your new profile pic cracks me up, too!

7:36 AM, March 21, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Bucky, was I the one who turned you on to Geek Love? It's one of the first books that Ichabod got for me. He knew me well enough by then to know that my twisted sense of humor could handle it.

DC- Geek is definitely the original meaning of the word here, in all its glorious grossness. But that's just the beginning. When you read it please let us know what you thought about it.

10:36 AM, March 21, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl, yes, you did lend me "Geek Love."

I shoulda tagged you, Squirl. I think I will anyway. Tag, you're it -- email me your answers to THE QUESTIONS and I will post it. I guess you're exempt from tagging others, unless you'd like to.

12:51 PM, March 21, 2005  
Blogger Ern said...

I'm not oblivious to the TAG! I'm just in the middle of a thing, so my answers will be posted soon!

(I dream of Bucky with the long brown hair!)

2:08 PM, March 21, 2005  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

WOOHOO!
Vampire Lestat....that book has some of the BEST quotes in it. I love that book. I might have to pull it out and read it again.

2:18 PM, March 21, 2005  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

EHHH, not really "quotes" from the books, but I guess I mean, some of the best lines in the book.

2:18 PM, March 21, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Hello there, I see you survived your tag, with only alittle complaining. Good. Suck it up. Hah.

Well now I am going to have to go get that Geek Love book, sounds like something Nick would love.

Blackwood Farm is pretty good, I enjoyed it. I have Violin as well and every time I start to read it, I fall sleep. Hmm.

One of my most prized possessions is a hard cover original copy of Interview with the Vampire signed by Anne Rice. A friend gave it to me for christmas one year when she moved into a new house and found a huge box filled with books someone had left behind. They never came back to claim them so when the holidays rolled around she passed them out to people. She didnt care for Anne Rice and thought it might be something I would like. Ummm, ya, just a bit. She didnt realize what a big deal it was. I told her but she didnt want it back.

It doesnt even look like it was ever even read. I keep it put away in a special place. When I take it out to read it, I wash my hands first so I dont smudge it up.

Im such a dork.

3:38 PM, March 21, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Holy shit, Jess, you have an Anne-Rice autographed Interview?
Did you ever know that you're my hero?

huh huh...you said "huge box"
huh huh huh

3:45 PM, March 21, 2005  
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

Bucky, can you give us some more information on Self-Gratification with Coconuts for Dummies book? I think it's safe to say, we're ALL into that.

4:33 PM, March 21, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Ms Bar-z-door, you'd better check answer #7 on my blog!

10:06 PM, March 21, 2005  
Blogger Madame D said...

Hell yeah! Someone else who loves "Geek Love"! I got that at the bookstore at the Anchorage Airport when I was like 14, it just sounded so cool. And for some reason, the Anchorage Airport has a really kick-ass little bookstore.
Oh, I do so love that book!

8:25 AM, March 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home