the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, March 18, 2005

Report Card, Part Three


You see? It was actually possible to "dawdle" in the olden days, before Dooce's comment section.
I still have little interest in math, unless it's counting the money I will one day win playing Mega Millions.
Okay. The last part about the neatness and the desk? The people I work with who read this are likely pissing their pants with laughter right about now, because nothin's changed. I can create chaos just by putting my nameplate on an office. See, guys? I was born this way!

14 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Joseph said...

OMG! That brings back memories. I haven't seen one of those old report cards in so long.

Mine used to say I was a daydreamer, unfocused, needs to be more homework.

And it was Joey back then Kitty.

7:29 PM, March 18, 2005  
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

My 2nd grade teacher called me a 'chatterbox' and that I was easily distracted. I'd tune out in class and tune back in just as the teacher said 'and thats how you do long division'. DOH!! Oh and I was 1 day short of a month old when that doc was written.

dc

7:38 PM, March 18, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Oh I likes me some girls with that there fancy learnin and spellin.

Dawdlin is fine as long as your desk is neat, gotta make sure you keep your area clean incase you decide to jump on the desk for some reason.

Not that I would ever.

Going to win the lottery huh? Lets do it the same week, you win and Ill win, it will be like a girls day out thing. I keep asking Nick to do it but you know how guys can be, sometimes you just have to do it yourself....

heh

7:55 PM, March 18, 2005  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

What is it about second grade teachers' handwriting? How are they taken seriously in the real world with that handwriting?

9:06 PM, March 18, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Jessica - you pick the weekend, and I'll have my genie pick the numbers. I'd be really good at being rich.
Then I'll come get you in the Lear jet and we can terrorize the country, state by state.

And I won't be jumping on any desks. For me, that's just asking for a concussion.

9:20 PM, March 18, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Wow. I just got through reading your job evaluation, and your boss doesn't really expect much, does she?

"being able to spell all of the words she uses"?

"able to add with carrying and subtract with borrowing"?

Why, I had these skills mastered in elementar...wait.

Oh.

I get it.

See, that whole first paragraph seemed so relevant, I just assumed.....

Oh, I'm so embarrassed.

10:27 PM, March 18, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

"dreaming and visiting with her neighbors?" You haven't changed a bit. MY second grade teacher checked the box that said, "Is a pleasure to have in class." Yes, they had prewritten statements with checkable boxes. And yes, I've said box here 3 times now, KITTY, KITTY!!!!
(Seriously, I love that name. Miss Kitty from Gunsmoke. My helmet. I love it.)

11:16 PM, March 18, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Oh, Bucky, nothing's changed. You still like to dawdle and visit, don't like math and are still good at reading, spelling and writing.

I certainly hope your desk isn't cleaner than mine. That must be a family trait.

11:30 PM, March 18, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I was checking you Google ads. One was for girls' education in a foreign country, must be from your report card posts. Then it changed to one for Crohn's disease, must be from the toilet post. :-)

9:40 AM, March 19, 2005  
Blogger the niffer said...

Oh, I never had a name as exciting as kitty. I was Jenny, along with the other 10 girls in the class whose parents went for the most popular name of 1974.

When did Kitty become Katy? Or are you still sweet, cuddly Kitty on the inside clad in black leather on the outside?

10:39 AM, March 19, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

When I went to kindergarten, they asked me what I wanted to be called, I said Kitty. I was called that through second grade, then my third grade teacher said I looked like a Kathy, and would I like to be called that, and I said okay. I was easy. My family always called me Katy, and ultimately, it's my fave.

3:16 PM, March 19, 2005  
Blogger Strizz said...

Umm multiple personalities much?

So from what I hear dooces comment section is turning blaze' anyway.

I know I have fun but its not BEING fun anymore.

I still enjoy her and stuff, but part of me is turned off my her lack of interaction. But dont think that will stop me from sending her drunken emails.

6:35 PM, March 19, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Strizz - Some days I have an absolute blast in there. Depends on who's there and what sets me off.
Huh huh I said "Depends"

And yes, we have multiple personalities. Why do you ask us?

9:34 PM, March 19, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

This could have been any of my report cards growing up. I got so sick of "Excellent student, but easily distracted" and "Spends too much time talking to his neighbour" and "exposes himself in the girls' washroom" (oh, wait ... that last one wasn't actually on my report).

What I NOW learn is that there's a whole body of research that identifies those qualities as a benign form of ADD ... and attaches no stigma to them - in fact, celebrates those qualities as the hallmark of a future multi-tasker.

All those things that used to drive our teachers crazy are the best qualities we have ...

1:47 PM, March 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home