the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Peppermint Patty audio, Part Two

this is an audio post - click to play

Givin' a whole new meaning to the word "monotone"...

20 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Susie said...

FIRST!

5:05 PM, May 01, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

Yea, that's about as geeky as I thought it would be. OK, I love your voice; you don't sound like a man to me. But you DO sound like someone whose voice is familiar to me, and that's gonna drive me nuts until I figure out who. . . . NEXT, we wanna hear some singing!

5:06 PM, May 01, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Gawd, you're fast, Susie! Wonder who the hell my soundalike is? Besides Squirl, I mean, and she sounds girlier than I do. Maybe you know my brother? And I have actually pondered puttin' some music of mine online. We shall see...I might post some of the older stuff where the singin' isn't as good, but the songs are just weird and stupid, from my Singing Mammogram days.

5:26 PM, May 01, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

I think that was most excellent, sir. And I was wondering, Sir, if I can get an autographed copy of this reading, Sir. And might I inquire, Sir, who's life story is this? Does the woman in question know that your using this story of hers, sir?


Hey mister, why you unzipping your pants?

Sir, guy, mister, weenie wrangler, Member of the Wang Gang, Dude with a 'tude, Heavy Metal Hog Handler, Mr.Kielbasa Von Sausage, Bucky Bratwurst, Schlong McLong, Peter Peter Penis Meter.

Hey dude! Im talking to you, now, whatcha gonna do about it???

5:54 PM, May 01, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Geesh, I never thought when I used the old "tallywhacker 'cross the cheeks" as a warning that people would volunteer, nay, beg for a Sausage Smackin' at the, ah, hands of yours truly. I didn't know there would be demand. Now I see how very, very shortsighted I was.

I need to find out the market price for that sort o' thing...

6:08 PM, May 01, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Bucky, if i remember correctly the going rate for that sort of thing is about 350 an hour.

6:16 PM, May 01, 2005  
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

My dear dear sweet lord. The voice of Bucky. Going to keep you on repeat for a few minutes on musicmatch as I take this all in. Shouldn't there be a burning bush around here somewhere?

Oh and hi Susie :)

dc

7:03 PM, May 01, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Jess - thanks for the scoop. I'll post my prices subsequently.

Dang - hiya! long time no....
And the burning bush? If one jumps in quickly enough with Monistat, it's not an issue.

7:13 PM, May 01, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

if using Monistat, don't get that one-day formula- its NO GOOD.
OK, this I have to share, since the recent pants-day on Self-Portrait Day.

http://www.waiterrant.blogspot.com/

Hey, BFE, could you email me? I want to ask you something, and no, its not that.:)

7:16 PM, May 01, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

...Stephen Tobolowsky....

7:43 PM, May 01, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

Am I the only one who can't stop looking at her nick and going "What The Fuck Opera"? Heeheeheeeheehee

And you wouldn't have a burning bush if guys didn't have to wear those miner's lamps ...

9:23 PM, May 01, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

LOL!!
Yeah thats usually what I say in the car on the way to the station Tuesday mornings!
wtf? Opera?
BTW, Nilbs, I have some lovely duets posted on the site.
Please tell me we're not talking about bush dentata again.

9:40 PM, May 01, 2005  
Blogger Madame D said...

Actually, I love your voice! It's awesome!
It is low, and I can see how people think you're a guy when they just hear it. But it's not completely "Let me scatch my testicles now".
I really do have to do an audioblog now!
I sound like a cheerleader. About 16. I'd much rather sound like you.

10:19 PM, May 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! These are so cool to hear. You could be the Garrison Keillor of Michigan! The Prurient Home Companion!

And I don't think you sound like a guy at all. Even if your voice is deeper than average. A big "whatever, dude" to those who do.

1:16 AM, May 02, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

On further review, I'm afraid we're going to have to ask you to substantiate that "no testicles" claim. In the interest of fairness, accuracy, and good science, I will volunteer to substantiate the claim. E-mail photos from several angles and I'll get back to everybody once I've reviewed them

7:50 AM, May 02, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

I say BFE should only give up the pics after you have practised saying "booty flies" in a heavy accent - where's your audiopost, Mr. N?

And if anyone wants BFE to appear live on the radio, I think I could arrange that...

8:07 AM, May 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the audio blogging, Bucky.

I have a low voice, too. Not as low as yours, I don't think, but still...when I was in 7th grade, I started the year singing with Sandi Patti and ended the year singing with Conway Twitty.

Yes. I said Conway Twitty. And not just for effect, either. So there. Hrmph.

What gets me though, is, half the time, when someone who doesn't know me calls, they think I'm a guy. The other half the time, they ask to speak to my mom!

Apparently, I sound like a prepubescent boy, on the phone.

1:50 PM, May 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I've thought about posting an audio clip of me singing.

You know, just for kicks.

But I'm actually not sure I know how to do that.

(Susie's request to hear "some singing" made me think of that.)

1:52 PM, May 02, 2005  
Blogger Zombie_Flyboy said...

You should start doing books on tape, or maybe get that movie guy's job.

You know, the dude who always does the previews for the big summer movies and says shit like, "In a world without law, one man is the last hope."

I think your voice is way cooler than his.

7:15 PM, May 02, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

I have a fabulous solution for those face-2-face encounters where they insist on calling you "Sir" to your face. Have a polaroid of your vagina (or anyone else's--does it matter if it's truly yours) and say, "Here's your proof".

Also, I don't know what's worse... people thinking you're a man, or other people thinking I'm pregnant! Sure, I'm chubby, but I didn't think I had that bloated, distended, discomfort kind of appearance. Yep. Someone (although the mother of my best friend DID put a friend of hers up to this--ha ha... real fucking funny) put their hand on my belly and ask when was my due date.

12:34 AM, May 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home