the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Are you normal?

Perhaps I've mentioned a time or two that my kittens can't seem to stay away from my computer. They sit on it, they walk through the cords and make me insane, they slap the mouse onto the floor, and quite often, they use their crafty little paws to trigger key combinations. I can't tell you how often I've walked over to my desk to find emails open that I did not open, or Firefox help application launched.

Until today, the cutest act of computer criminality I'd seen either of them perform was the day when Friday clicked on the tab that was open to Flickr, and then scrolled down on the page until he found pictures of himself (no bullshit).

Today, both kittens were being "special" while I was trying to sleep. When I say "special" in this case, it means I was considering stuffing them in boxes and sending them to people I don't like as Christmas presents. Both of them were makin' like pinballs, all over the room, on top of me, around me, on all the furniture, smashing into empty water bottles with such force that it sounded like Smidge's dream bowling alley in here. At one point, I cracked an annoyed eye and saw that Friday was sitting on my desk, right in front of the monitor. Generally, I get up and unceremoniously dump him onto the floor when this happens, and that's exactly what I had planned, until I got close enough and saw this:

Are you normal?

I don't know where it came from, but he managed to click a link and launch this quiz in its own window, then pose in front of it all puffed up with naughty kitten pride. Yes, he still got put on the floor, but not until I'd snapped about a dozen pictures and laughed until tears ran down my legs.

(Oh, and to prove that these quizzes are total crap - I took it and scored 83% - a "Charming Conformist")

14 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

Bucky, no cat can stay away from a computer! Alex has opened programs on mine (that I didn’t know existed), sent IM messages, and knocked a bottle of Dr. Pepper on the keyboard (that’s why I now have a new computer that I couldn’t afford). Still, I think there may be a form of sanity in cats’ computer antics: I don’t think they logged into that website by chance!

12:01 AM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

You are a Charming Conformist? Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read that. :)

Yes, now you are understanding kittens in their full glory. Now you see why there were never any kittens around the house as you were growing up. Mom and Dad realized what little terrorists they are.

8:19 AM, December 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the best. Kitties that know how to use a computer... Well, I never.

9:38 AM, December 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"laughed until tears ran down my legs"

Well, thanks for THAT image, Bucky!

9:46 AM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Eddie said...

My mojo kittie helps me all the time its cute.

12:05 PM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Madame D said...

What I want to know is...what was Friday's score?

1:24 PM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

That's one test I would never take.

7:35 PM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

No, this means you are a master of disguise. Use it well, my liege...
;oP

8:05 PM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

madame_d - you asked my question!!

12:00 PM, December 16, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

Until now, Sapphira has contented herself with biting the wires underneath the desk. I fear the consequences now when she sees what Friday can do.

2:25 PM, December 16, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, well... that quiz isn't total crap. You do have a certain charm.

5:03 PM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger Ortizzle said...

That's hilarious. So what was Friday's score? (And what's the URL for that page?!)

11:01 PM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Ortizzle said...

That's hilarious. So what was Friday's score? (And what's the URL for that page?!)

11:01 PM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's the best. Kitties that know how to use a computer... Well, I never. battle archery Unikey

6:32 AM, May 30, 2018  

Post a Comment

<< Home