the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Saturday, December 30, 2006

In Valen's name, I need an intervention!

Even though we've sworn off sibling gifts for the last few Christmases, my sister was sweet enough to surprise me with the fourth season of Babylon 5 on DVD. I'd begun collecting the DVDs of the series shortly after the first season became available, and then I got wise to the fact that, if I could just keep my pants on for a little while, I could find new or nearly new copies at a greatly reduced drain on my finances. So the last season I'd purchased was the third, and that's been a while.

I've had the fourth season for little more than a week, and already I've devoured each episode, listened to every commentary, and watched all the extras. It's been years since I've had B5 marathons (not since back when I had every goddamned episode on VHS), but I've certainly made up for it in the last eight or nine days. I even dug out season three and started watching those, because now that I've reignited my passionate love affair with the giant, phallic space station, I find myself insatiable.

Shameless, I know.

It's possible I may have gone overboard this time. Nothing seemed amiss until I was combing my hair yesterday, and noticed something that wasn't quite right...



Bonehead

I'm afraid I've gone Minbari.

Can someone come over here with a hammer and chisel* and try to help me fix this thing?


* This offer of tools does not apply to those of you who've attempted to chop off your own thumbs lately.

15 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look wonderful Bucky, a sort of reverse 'Chrysalis'! Just remember that now you'll have to put away your normal shampoo and start using that wonderful chemical compound they all use to strip away the outer layers of skin. You know, the whole rebirth thing.

Ahem. Yes, I like B5 too...

7:58 AM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

I like B5, too. But this Christmas season has been Desperate Housewives for me. Hadn't watched it until the end of the second season and realized how well-written and funny it was. So I bought season one. Okay, I devoured that one and had to buy season two right away.

Now I've tried to watch season three online, but I'm wireless and the connection is irritatingly slow. If I want to do that again I'll have to go to the basement and plug in.

And, yes, we won't be giving Nils an axe anytime soon.

9:53 AM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

Heehee. Here's to sisters who know when to break the (no gifts) rules :)

11:59 AM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger Nilbo said...

Whatever. I oppose any efforts on your part to keep your pants on. Soooo un-Bucky-like.

4:24 PM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

The new look is very cool. I'd leave it for a while before considering hammers or chisels.

6:32 PM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger Madame D said...

Just think of the money you will save on shampoo and dye! And how wonderfully aerodynamic you are!

7:06 PM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I think the pointy bone would be good in a fight, too.

Anyone else with a pointy bone wish to add to that sentiment?

9:07 PM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooo, Bucky... it's a great look, but be sure to wear a hat, ok? Winters in IL can get mighty cold...

11:33 PM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Heh heh-you said bone-heh heh
;o)

2:30 AM, December 31, 2006  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

I think you look FABULOUS! Happy New Year, Bucky!

10:05 AM, December 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 2 minutes past midnight here so I can officially wish you a happy new year. Thanks for all the brilliant posts of 2006. :)

7:04 PM, December 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to wish you a very Happy New Year, Bucky. Love and hugs to you.

3:58 AM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Susie said...

Happy New Year, Bucky. Happy new everything that needs to be new. And happy. xxx

11:43 AM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Bucky!

May it be a better one for you, love.

12:01 PM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

Like it's not enough that you rock the sunglasses look, now you totally rock the Minbari, too. Seriously, having you as a sister is hard to live up to.

**shuffles off to try new computer-generated head-dos**

11:04 AM, January 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home