the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I'm a homo(ner)

It's been a long-ass day. I was up late packing and stuffing boxes in my car (as opposed to the cars I usually stuff in my box), and then I was up early (for me) to drive to Grand Haven today. There are several of you who wrote me very sweet emails, and I do fully intend to respond to them. But tonight, I am exhausted.

However, I wanted to let you know two things:

  • I am an idiot. I was into Michigan already today, driving north on 94, and looking for my turnoff onto US-31. It's not like I haven't made this trip several times before. At some point, I stopped at a McDonald's to "powder my nose" (that's female code for a heartfelt piss), talked to Squirl on the phone for a minute, and then steered the car back onto 94. After about 10 minutes, I had the odd sensation that none of the scenery was familiar. It was at that point that I saw the sign welcoming me to Kalamazoo. Uh...kinda missed that turnoff a long way back there. I was able to navigate my way back to where I needed to be, but I wound up adding over an hour to my trip with my little detour. Of course, as soon as I realized I was in K'zoo, I had to call Squirl back and bust myself for extreme retardation. Damn, do I need some sleep!

  • As of about 4:30 this afternoon, I am officially the owner of a 3-bed, 2-bath mannafractured home. Now I just need to get my furniture and the rest of my stuff over here. Oh, and them pesky cats. I'm driving back to Illinois tomorrow (these two days look to be free of snowstorms, if Mother Nature will just cooperate with the forecast), but hopefully, I won't wander off course again. If I do, then it's just time to put me in a home for brain-damaged bloggers.

So, that's the latest poop from me. And I know y'all couldn't wait for poop. Nothin' worse than knowing there's poop and no one will give you any.

Night night.

20 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Congratulations on your home, Bucky. Drive carefully, ok?

2:02 AM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Susie said...

Congratulations :)
As long as the sign doesn't say
K-K-K-K-K-K-Katmandu! you're OK.

6:11 AM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Now that you've gotten lost, you king of the road you, you'll have to rent at least room for 50 cents.

Sorry, it's all I got and I've been up for over an hour.

8:12 AM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Did you see Elvis while you were in Kalamzoo? Rumor has it he lives there. Congrats on the house. Just think - if you don't like living there, you can hook it to a truck and move it. PERFECT! Wishing you much happiness and a fairy to unpack for you...

10:34 AM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Just wanted to say, "Yeah!!!" and "Congratulations!" and "When's the housewarming party????" (That house looks way too pristine...)

10:42 AM, February 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought our little corner of the blogosphere was the home for brain-damaged bloggers??

Hope you got a good night's rest, Bucky. Congrats on being a homo(ner). Hee.

11:48 AM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

It's good to know we can count on you for poop. I know I do.

Congrats on the new abode. Now, about stuffing cars into your box... I don't suppose you have pictures?

1:10 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Libraryhill said...

Homo(ner)s unite!

Congratulations.

1:31 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sleep well, dear Bucky.

Happy New M'fured Home to you!

2:30 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sleep well, dear Bucky.

Happy New M'fured Home to you!

2:30 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

I think there are still some people who don't know that Kalamazoo is a real city. :)

Glad you made it over here okay. I hope your drive home is going well.

3:11 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Illinois is south.

4:41 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Kranki said...

Congrats on the new house. I am sure you and the cats will be very happy there.

4:52 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

THREE bedrooms???????

TWO bathrooms??????

Sounds like a perfect place for a party.

Now all we need is an invite. :P

Drive safe!

8:50 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger ALRO said...

WELL.. congrats!!! woohooo !!!
That's awesome -- Next year it'll be my turn!

9:13 AM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bucky, you are NOT an idiot, because, if you are, so am I. I have not only missed exits, once while heading home from Texas I got on the Interstate heading back west when I needed to drive east.

Congratulations on becoming a homeowner! Just remember: the person who owns a home is always making trips (about 5 per project) to the hardware store.

2:14 PM, February 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I look forward to pictures....of the cats settling in, not of the cars in your box. Just in case I wasn't clear enough ;-)

2:52 PM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just stopping by to let you know I'm thinking about you and hope all is going well with your new home.

8:54 PM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey girlie, I heard Western Michigan got hit with some pretty nasty storms. I hope you're doing ok.

6:11 PM, February 04, 2007  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

You only got lost once on your trip? I'd say you did quite well.

10:54 PM, February 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home