the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Saturday, February 03, 2007

This one is for the spammers

Geisha boy

I have deleted so much comment spam in the last week that I'm starting to hallucinate. Not just any hallucinations, mind you - I'm seeing Robert Loggia as a geisha. And now you are, too.

Why did I feel the need to share? Because it's helping me to resist the urge to put the verification letters on my comments. Must...not...use...swirly...letters...

Take that, you motherfucking cocksucking rooster-reaming spammer jizzwipes! From now on, anyone who spams my site will be obliged to take a money shot in the face from Mr. Loggia.

19 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger eclectic said...

Ugh. Still, I think the white painted face and a silk kimono might help him.

Spammers suck. And not in a good way.

2:41 PM, February 03, 2007  
Blogger Maven said...

Yanno. I learn something new every day.

Thanks to you, that something is, "jizzwipes."

YOU
COMPLETE
ME.

3:14 PM, February 03, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Go get 'em, Bucky! They've visited my blog, too.

4:52 PM, February 03, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Yeah, I gave in and put up the stupid swirly letters again.

6:01 PM, February 03, 2007  
Blogger Memphis said...

I had to give in to the swirly letters long ago. My will was weak and my comments were commercials from hell.

6:49 PM, February 03, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you, Bucky! I took the swirly verification letters letters off my blog when I updated the template. I hate those damed things, not the least because my eyesight is worsening as I age.

You could always moderate your blog; however, then you'd be doing more work approving each comment. I, for one, do not want to spend my time doing that.

What really bugs me are the blogs that have both the swirly verification letters AND are moderated. Then everyone wastes a bit of time in defense of the real or imaginary spammers.

8:52 PM, February 03, 2007  
Blogger Kranki said...

Oh hell...just cave and add the verification letters. Nothing is worth hallucinations like that. *shudder*

10:13 PM, February 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haloscan. I love it. I got one spammer-ever-just the other day. At least I think it was spam. They're so nice these days I can't tell anymore...

3:17 AM, February 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo! ;)
wow... what unhinged comments!
what do you consider about it?

4:14 PM, February 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why you wanna hate me like that?
Don't hate; masticate.

5:34 PM, February 04, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Tee hee, Spam fights back!

8:19 PM, February 04, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the recipes for Spam that gmail offers...

9:53 PM, February 04, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

What if I'm NOT a spammer but would still like a money shot from Mr. Loggia?

10:45 PM, February 04, 2007  
Blogger ALRO said...

Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam!!
I put the verification letter on my blog - i got tired of deleting the idiots!

9:51 AM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger Effie said...

he looks kinda like Minnie mouse...who is he??

Happy new house to you!

11:34 AM, February 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

2:15 PM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger Susie said...

ATTENTION, ANYONE VISITING BUCKY: SHE'S NOT HERE RIGHT NOW, SHE'S AT A PARTY AT MY PLACE, AND YOU'RE INVITED, TOO!

3:21 PM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thank goodness someone told them, Susie.

6:57 PM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

Just thought I'd come over and hang out for a bit. It's getting a little crowded over at Susie's, and anyway, I wanted to make sure someone was here when UPS starts delivering all that stuff. Oh, and where's the claritin? Three cats might just do me in without it.

1:45 PM, February 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home