the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Things I do in public

I can't help myself. I have the need to scrawl ink doodles on paper whenever I'm sittin' still. It happens in meetings, in classes, at the bar...I'm sure we've discussed this little problem of mine here before.

The canvas that I find most appealing, and the hardest to resist, is a paper placemat in a restaurant. I try not to be without at least one pen on my person, preferably a black medium-point clicky pen. But I'm not obsessed.

My family not only understands this little, um, personality disorder, they heartily enable me. If I happen not to have a pen, and I'm at the Driftwood for dinner with Mom and the sibs, I will find at least two offered to me, sometimes both by Squirl. Then they watch in morbid amusement as I draw shit like this:

bucky menu 2
Why is this fellow so pissed?


bucky menu 1
Here's why!


bucky menu 3
Gratuitous nipple shot

Of course, I am not the only one in the family who plays this little reindeer game. Tardist seemed only too happy to join in this time:


tardist menu 1
Guess we know who the artist in the family is.


tardist menu 2
And it's "not me"

So, if you're waiting tables, and you see me scribblin' on my placemat, please make sure you're not settin' my onion rings on a masterpiece.

16 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Bucky, I just wanna say...boobies!

And with that I'm reminded of the recent contest here on the BFEC blog and well, I think it's time for another. More correctly the folks at YPS!! think it's time for another contest.

Free T-shirt contest coming SOON to a YPS!! blog near you!!

(Many will roll their eyes, few will enter…but only ONE will come home a winner and go out stylin’…it might as well be YOU.)

7:33 PM, June 08, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I was there to witness the drawing of these masterpieces. I'm so proud.

8:24 PM, June 08, 2005  
Blogger Amy said...

Hah Kitty! Tune in Tokyo!

bucky, you and your tardbro are great drawers!

Those placemats have that weavy texture that just yelps out to be drawn on.

9:53 PM, June 08, 2005  
Blogger Andrea said...

I'm not a compulsive doodler, but I am a freak about my writing utensils. Blue PaperMates (not the clicky ones, has to have the cap), gel pens, or roller balls. And if I MUST write with a pencil (huge SIGH), it had better be a mechanical pencil, preferably a yellow PaperMate.

10:25 PM, June 08, 2005  
Blogger Andrea said...

Oh, and I almost forgot...tell the AOL story already!!!

10:26 PM, June 08, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

You are pretty fucking talented.

11:19 PM, June 08, 2005  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

I love this!

12:15 AM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Strizz said...

If you did that at my job i would totally take it and show everyone, some would laugh some would be impressed.

12:43 AM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

i do that as well...i used to sketch costumes/scenery for a living, so once i moved to the corporate world, and had to sit through "update" meetings my coworkers would just crack up cause i would get so into the sketch i would lose all track of the meeting - they would hang them all over the place at work - i can't do realism, but my sketches of historically-garbed figures are pretty fun.

6:11 AM, June 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bucky,
If this is the worst thing you do in public then I say GOOD FOR YOU! However, I doubt this is true, I have seen you in public and, well we will leave it at that.

9:41 AM, June 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto for me, Bucky and Operal Gal...I cannot sit in a meeting or a restaurant with placemats (or anywhere, really, where there's unused spaces on paper) and NOT doodle. Of course, my stuff doesn't look fabulous like Bucky's and Tardist - it looks more like some sort of psycho, junky, mutant Jerry Garcia hallucination (and not in a good way). You talented people make me sick, what with your..............um........talent.......and stuff.

9:46 AM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

You are BOTH artists. You're just a little more "sadistic." "" ""

9:52 AM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Why, Susie...
Whatever do you "mean"?

9:56 AM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Madame D said...

Andrea-I am a TOTAL freak about the pens I use. If I am without my current favorite, I am at a loss. No other will do.
I'm a sicko. It's a disease.
But I can't draw to save my life. I have to write. And I will. And then I'll take the placemat home with me, because I wrote crap on it and I'd be kicking myself for not remembering to bring my notebook.

11:31 AM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Was the caption for this pic "Whats Worse Than a Toranado or a Hurricane"?

1:51 PM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Thats so much better then what I usually draw, huge penis rockets and boob moons.


But is that a homemade robotic nipple pincher, or is it an alien taking some sort of probe?

And really,that would be so much cooler if it was on a Chuck E Cheese placemat.

7:11 PM, June 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home