the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Lazy Bucky's quickies

From the top o' my head to the pit o' your stomach.

  • If Monty Python and Kids in the Hall got into a fight, who would win? I mean, with Graham Chapman gone, their numbers are matched now, and Kids in the Hall are younger. On the other hand, Monty Python have the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

    Discuss.

  • I thought that by not having children, I would avoid ever having to shout the phrases "Get out of my purse!" and "Stop playing in your poop!" Obviously, I never counted on kittens.

  • When I was about 13, Squirl and I used to have a little repertoire of songs we would perform together, with me on piano and her tackling the vocals. We chose a name for ourselves based on a line from a Neil Sedaka (shut up) song - Southern Comfort and Ecstasy. Of course, we had never heard of the drug Ecstasy at that time, in the late 1970s. Still, I kind of like the name even better now than I did then. Takes on a whole new meaning.

  • It's official: I've been watching entirely too many episodes of Ghost Hunters lately. The other night, I had a dream where I was talking to lead investigator Jason Hawes. Well, we weren't just talking, mind you - we were inventing the world's funniest diarrhea jokes. I'm talkin' world-class hilarity here. The really, really sad part (besides that fact that I had this dream at all) is that when I woke up, I couldn't remember a single one of our jokes. I guess it was probably more of a running gag.

I wish you all a pleasant night of diarrhea-free sleep.

15 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

I remember Southern Comfort and Ecstasy! Those were the days. :)

I think the Kids in the Hall would have Monty Python's asses whupped before they managed to count to three.

8:03 AM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Platypus said...

I'm not sure on the whole KITH v MP thing. I mean, yes, MP have the Holy Hand Grenade but the Head-crushing guy from KITH could probably do a lot of damage...

10:22 AM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

Monty Python. Just on name alone. I mean, there's just nothing funny about having kids in the hall, especially when they were supposed to be in bed hours ago. But Monty Python? That's just a funny name. Besides, I will always love "The Argument Clinic."

11:23 AM, November 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ecstasy in the late 70's was called... MDA or MadDog (which still isn't the same as the MMDA of the mid 80's) ;)

and damn sure isn't the Ecstasy of today.

11:32 AM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Froggylady said...

Kids in The Hall hands down.

12:22 PM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Maven said...

Hmmm, see, I can envision John Cleese kicking some serious ass what with the Ministry of Silly Walks!!

12:51 PM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heh. Running gag...

2:53 PM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Madame D said...

Monty Python. Their chief weapon is surprise. Surprise and fear. And the rack.

5:58 PM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Madame D - very true.

Because NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

6:33 PM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

Yes, NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition.

To hell with the Holy Hand Grenade.

7:37 PM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Nah, I think they'd join forces and write some really farked up material for their next show.
That would be awesome. :o)

9:59 AM, November 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO HAPPY to hear that I am not the only one addicted to "Ghost Hunters"! (Did you see the season closer at the Irish castle? Creepy hearing that "help" EVP.) I can totally imagine Jason working on those jokes with you...

Monty Python, hands down.

- Lotus Lynn

2:13 PM, November 17, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Of course Monty Python would be victorious: they’d just drop a 100,000 pound blob on Kids in the Hall.

Kittens and cats are devious creatures. I am now missing three pairs of glasses and all of my cigarettes. I am certain Alex pushed all that stuff off my desk and batted it around the floor until it got stuck under something.

“Southern Comfort and Ecstasy”: I find the combination appropriate and irresistible.

So you dreamed of Jason Hawes? Hummm. Sounds better than when you dreamed of a naked Mick Jagger!

8:22 PM, November 17, 2006  
Blogger Eddie said...

Sounds like a hell of a dream, kittens are so cute.

9:38 PM, November 17, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

I HATE when that happens -- the profound and/or hilarious ideas in dreams that disappear when you wake up. And the diarrhea.

9:30 AM, November 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home