the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Midweek assessment

Careening through a life meant for someone half my age
Pinball attention span and a bad case of Twinkie thighs
Tails twitch, small whiskered battering rams thunder and flip in the hall
While I make a list of all the things I forgot to throw in my cart
But I remembered the disco light, didn't I?
And the skull for my hair
And the banana smoothie bubble bath
And the red velvet purse
And hell, if I put batteries in that, I'll never do any work
The world turns faster, but I sure don't
I'm like bagpipes at a rave
Splinter of a sliver of green paint clings to the underside of my nail
Echoes from the last year cling to the underside of my skin
Cling tighter than ink
Still easy to catch me off balance
But only if I'm not asleep
Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt just 'cause I landed on my feet
That spiderweb crack in my windshield's not the only one
All I can do is hope it doesn't spread
The suspense is killing me
But don't tell me how it ends.


Landscrape

13 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*thinks "bad case of Twinkie thighs" means Bucky must be slightly greasy to the touch and cream squirts out if you push too hard*

6:42 AM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

"small whiskered battering rams"...I have a couple of those. Well done. Thank you for the glimpse.

6:58 AM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Fantastic! You often catch me off guard... and not just with pictures of Ron Jeremy dressed up as Minnie Pearl.

7:12 AM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

Bagpipes at a rave. You never cease to amaze.

8:26 AM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Mr. B - exactly.

HTGT - I always marvel at how much sound small cats can make - Scraps is the king of that. Even months ago, he sounded like a tiny elephant berserking through the house.

Charlotte - how about Minnie Pearl dressed as Ron Jeremy?

Thatfarmgirl - I can think of nothing that would be more potentially disturbing to a crowd of people on Ecstasy than the sound of bagpipes.

10:03 AM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Maven said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post, and your new masthead!!

1:14 PM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Oops, I was looking for my comment. I didn't comment, I was talking to you on the phone when I was looking at it before.

Neat-o picture!

2:42 PM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

See, like Bloggy, I got hung-up on the Twinkie-thigh imagery, but I took it to mean you had ordered a case of Twinkie-thighs, (as distinct from Twinkie-breasts), and it turned out that they were not refrigerated properly or something. And frankly, given your stated love, I couldn't imagine why you didn't just order the breasts in the first place?

4:50 PM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

The thighs have the dark meat.
That is all.

7:36 PM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Amy said...

Wow, Bucky, you be channeling Bukowski, methinks. Nice.

7:58 PM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Come visit me in Portland...

11:36 PM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Buckster.

Damn, I wish I had Twinkie thighs. All I got is cottage-cheese butt.

1:48 PM, April 12, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Maven - isn't Ron fetching in that hat?

Squirl - it's not that you didn't comment. You just commented over the phone is all.

Eclectic - they were all out of Twinkie breasts. It was either thighs or wings.

Mermaid - I suppose I did pick up all the essentials.

M_D - are you saying I'll never go back to breasts?

Amy - surely this entitles me to a free drink, don'tcha think?

RSG - will I be required to wear a bicycle helmet while I recite my poetry there?

CKelli - yes, but cottage cheese has a LOT more nutritional value than Twinkies.

4:32 PM, April 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home