the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Birdhouse in your soul

Sorry I've totally slacked here the last few days. I managed to get myself into some really teenagery mischief/trouble today, but I'm not sure I'm at liberty to discuss it in detail. Let's just say that I have not made perhaps the best possible impression on "The Parents." And you know I don't mean my parents. Oops.

On a less anxious note, I'm off tonight with Tardist and Theirzal to see They Might Be Giants at the Intersection in Grand Rapids. It's sure to be a night of delightfully nerdy fun and great tunes. As far as I know, it's okay for me to bring my good camera to the show, so hopefully I'll have some better-that-usual photos for you tomorrow.

Here's wishing that the next time you see me here, the shit I'm in will be slightly less deep. ;)

7 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

Bad impression on "The Parents" huh? Gotta hear this story. Hope you have a good time at the concert tonight.

6:06 PM, November 13, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

It's hard raising parents these days.

7:12 PM, November 13, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Please tell me you didn't loose bowel control on their good sofa - the one that's not slipcovered.

9:04 PM, November 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know we will be needing details. I must stop trying to guess . . .

10:21 PM, November 13, 2007  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

Thanks Bucky. I had the "Birdhouse in Your Soul" earworm the entire drive home, and was wracking my brain as to WHAT tv show had just used it. Finally, the AHA! moment came, and it was in Pushing Daisies a couple weeks ago, sung by Kristin Chenowith,who is absolutely sublime, and oh, by the way, some of us hate being teased like that and would like some details on this parent interaction situation!

11:02 PM, November 13, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

Lemme guess... your "hostess gift" included a photo collage of the body painting, and the url to your blog.

11:18 PM, November 13, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl - it was most excellent. The concert, I mean, not the parent problems.

Mr. B - you are closer to accurate than you realize! :p

Jim - Oops. I really meant to get the one encased in plastic.

Susie - I'll email ya, sis. ;)

PlazaJen - TMBG did "Birdhouse" tonight! I never expected it...
and...email me for details.

Eclectic - don't forget about the customized rolling pin, previously used.
Perhaps I'm just not so good at this "impressing the parents"
routine. You think I should've waited to whip out the butt plug collection?

12:11 AM, November 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home