the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, November 05, 2007

It's high-beam time

I didn't think much of it when the hailstorm kicked up out of nowhere this afternoon, though it had Friday glued to the window in fascination for at least 15 minutes. Those can happen at any time of the year here, so the weather didn't receive a second thought.

Then I decided to walk down to the mailbox, and I threw on my grey velvet jacket. I was already in a long-sleeved shirt, so I figured I'd be plenty warm. I figured plenty wrong. BRRRRRRRRRR! My nipples are still making a mockery of my best bra.

All that unseasonal warmth had me lulled into a false sense of security and a genuine sense of dumbassedness. But now, yes, it is November in Michigan, and suddenly it feels like it out there. Time to admit the velvet jacket is only decorative and dig out the Official Winter Coat. I still need to get a pair of boots, because somehow I don't think my slippers or my Skechers with the gaping holes in the sides will cut it once the snow begins to fall and so rudely stick to the ground.

Soup Season has begun in earnest. Please bring me some. Help these wretched nipples thaw.

9 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wearing the Skechers with the gaping holes, too. But my nipples, they're OK for now. I've never tried putting them in soup, though. I'll remember that trick.

7:18 PM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Yeah, it's cold today. And probably will be for quite a few months now. Crap. I was diggin' the mild weather.

Nipples in soup? Cream of what?

8:43 PM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Maybe it takes chili.

10:57 PM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

You allow your nipples to mock your best bra? Well, don't blame me when they drop out and start hanging around on the down-low.

12:08 AM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yep, time to prepare for winter. The cold (40s) has even hit Kentucky and when I open the door at Alex’s demand, he just sits there looking out and refuses to brave the weather.

Boots and a shovel, Katy. I’ve been in Michigan in winter.

3:11 AM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

*LMAO at eclectic's remark!!!*

7:30 AM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I had to talk my three year old into wearing his winter coat today. The best thing about this time of year is cocoa and Bailey's and big cozy comforters.

Leave the house? No thank you, I'll leave the house in the Spring.

9:34 AM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:34 AM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger Nilbo said...

I am in favour of nipple-icious weather.

8:34 PM, November 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home