the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Saturday, January 24, 2009

And then we made shish kebab out of her

Here's just about the most unnatural thing you'll ever see in your life.


With child

Picture stolen from my friend Cherie (who is pictured here). I'm guessing this is from 1992, 1993 at the very latest. We were having a Meijer party at the Ambassador in Flint (which is now a Rite Aid...excuse me while I mourn the fireplace and the strong drinks), and my boss at the time decided it would be fun to hand me her baby. Can you see the panic in my eyes? The panic in my hair? How do I hold this thing? What if I drop her? What if her mother won't take her back? I'm still scarred from the experience.

Truthfully, though, if lifting babies would make me that skinny again, I'd go all Mary Poppins on your ass in a heartbeat.

7 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Oh. My. Gawd. I don't know what's funnier, your awkward grip or the baby's obliviousness to the danger she's in... ;^)

9:18 AM, January 24, 2009  
Blogger Squirl said...

Looks, to me, like that baby is trying to get away. She senses your panic. :-)

9:23 AM, January 24, 2009  
Blogger Kranki said...

Like you I have a deeeeep fear of the wee babies. So I do see the deeeeep fear in your eyes quite clearly.

I always say when God was giving out that 'baby melty squee' thing I was in the line (for a second time) for an extra dose of 'cynicism and bitterness' appreciation.

Saying that, once kids start talking in reasonable sentences and have control over their body functions I do think they can be pretty neat-o.

3:30 PM, January 24, 2009  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

"Truthfully, though, if lifting babies would make me that skinny again, I'd go all Mary Poppins on your ass in a heartbeat."

Too bad my ass weighs far more than the average infant.

9:33 PM, January 24, 2009  
Blogger eclectic said...

Yay! Camp Bucky for the Eclectic Kids, Summer '09!! It won't necessarily make you skinny, but it could destroy your ability to care if you're not skinny. So it's a win either way.

4:45 PM, January 26, 2009  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

That picture says a thousand words. Of course most of them are things like "freaked out, scared, uncomfortable, unnatural... " Very funny stuff!

7:24 PM, January 26, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see it now: "Skinny Miss Bucky's Daycare."

6:59 PM, February 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home