the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, March 21, 2005

Squirl tag

Tonight's guest blogger: My sister the Squirl

Thanks, Bucky, for not bruising me when you tagged me. :-) Here's my list:

1. What book would I like to be?
The Annotated Alice in Wonderland. Not only is it my favorite book, I could be really insufferable about knowing all the annotated stuff, too.

2. Have I ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Maybe I did have the hots (a bit) for Rhett Butler. He was a real man.

3. What is the last book I bought?
The last fiction book I bought was The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul by Douglas Adams.
The last nonfiction book was Holistic Healing with Herbs.

4. What is the last book I read?
That would be The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul. I really like Douglas Adams' sense of humor.

5. What am I currently reading?
Like Bucky, many blogs. Also Secret Societies by Michael Bradley.

6. What 5 books (HA! Like I could ever get it down to 5) would I take with me if I were stranded on a desert island?
The Annotated Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Garner's Modern American Usage by Bryan A Garner (cause I'm such a grammar geek)
Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redford

17 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squirl,
I LOVED the Long Dark Teatime of the Soul. Loved.

My ex read it to me in bed every night before going to sleep, along with all the Gene Wolf books, and Ursula K LeGuin, and the Neuromancer series, and Neal Stephenson...

You bring back memories.

I couldn't help, even though I enjoyed it, thinking that the screenwriters for the movie Dogma had been dipping into The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul a bit.

10:14 PM, March 21, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

But did you also have a crush on Rhett Forrester? He's a real man AND can sing.

6:26 AM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Bucky - Thanks for the posting

La Pix - Glad to bring you some good memories. I've been a sci-fi fan for a long time. I've only read one Ursula K LeGuin book ever, though. I'll have to think about Teatime next time I watch Dogma, thanks.

Mr B - No, I didn't but I guess he was a REAL man, if you want to get technical and all.

9:05 AM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Ah, Sqirl, so you finally got to blog vicariously through Bucky.
How'd it feel?
Are you hooked?
Come on...you know you want to.
Just try it...you won't get addicted. Really.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

9:12 AM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Ladybug - I've got a few stories I've thought of telling. I'm not as good a writer as Bucky, but I could pass. I would never be as faithful as she is. But, maybe, one of these days. Don't think Bucky hasn't been trying to get me to. :-) I spend plenty of time reading other folks' blogs, don't know how much I could really put into my own. Would you read it?

9:18 AM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Well, of course I would read you, Squirl. I'd even comment, if the $#%&! comments were working. (This is my 3rd or 4th attempt here.)

And - HORRORS! I just realized I misspelled your name in my previous comment. My sincere apologies and requisite groveling.

12:51 PM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thanks, Ladybug! I appreciate your support. You know, don't know if it was caffeine deficit or not, but I didn't notice the misspelling of Squirl. Groveling not necessary.

I think I need to learn to be more of a smartass if I'm going to blog and comment. Bucky will help me.

1:02 PM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

"Bucky will help me."
I never thought I'd see those words written. It's usually "Bucky needs help."

2:27 PM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

"Bucky will help me"...with the A-1 bottle.

"Bucky will help me"...take a picture of the tampon in the parking lot.

"Bucky will help me"...pose my tchotchkes in suggestive scenarios.

See, Bucky? It works. It just depends on the context.

2:40 PM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Thanks for clearin' that up, LadyBug.

And I just want to point out to everyone that, even though the title Long Dark Teatime of the Soul has been bandied about here, I have not made ONE SINGLE TEABAG JOKE!

2:50 PM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

No teabags! No teabags!

3:55 PM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

Squirl, you should definitely blog. I'll visit you. I'll bet you'd never talk about teabags, ice cube trays, and such. You must be the classy one. BTW, speaking of Rhett Butler, Bucky's post of Gumby and Pokey trying to get that Astroglide bottle up the steps of the B&B, that reminded me of Rhett carrying Scarlet up the stairs. See, I'm classy like you:)

5:29 PM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Hi Susie, thanks for saying you'd read my blog, too. I don't know if I'm exactly the classy one, but I like how that sounds!

I loved your Gumby and Pokey pictures very much. That fed right into Bucky's fetish (one of her many it seems).

You guys are all pretty cool. I love my sister's post but I also enjoy everyone's comments.

Bucky will let you know if I post anything worth reading.

7:01 PM, March 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost put the first Robert Jordan book down in my list of 5, but I just couldn't give him that much credit.

WHEN is the Wheel of Time series going to end?? pray tell???

ugh.

I loved the first one. I think I read up to, 6 or 7 or whatever -1 is on what he has published now.

drawn out, drawn out.

okay, I'll calm down now, I promise.

deep breaths.

10:19 PM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Danielle - I remember when I thought it was going to be a simple trilogy. Now that he's also writing prequels we may never see the end of them. The dude must be making good money. Glad there's another Robert Jordan reader out there in Blogland.

7:07 AM, March 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PREQUELS!

oh my.

Of course there appears to be some fascinating back history...

I stopped by this morning cause I thought maybe I sounded too harsh last night. But either I wasn't, or you took it all in stride. ;-)

I really do love the Wheel of Time books, and the story of the Aes Sedai (I hope that is how it is spelled, doing this from memory) I just think they've grown a bit out of control. And Rand's attitude has gotten pretty stinky in the last books.

8:16 AM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Daniele - Not harsh at all! I get a little ticked with the dude sometimes, too. :-)

All the people with powers are getting a little out of hand. We don't need them warring with each other when all those dark forces are out there. Just wish I could be an Aes Sedai!

9:57 AM, March 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home