the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Saturday, August 27, 2005

All the news that's fit to spew

The good news is, my hotel has high-speed Internet.

The bad news is, my hotel has walls so thin you can hear the dude in the next room unroll his toilet paper. For people with less shame than us [um, that would be MORE shame than us], that would put an end to the loud, rough sex and the shouts of "HE SCORES!!!!" You know, but only for people with less [more] shame than us.

The good news is, the bed is very comfortable.

The bad news is, it doesn't matter. I will always snap awake in the middle of the night in a hotel and have that momentary "Where the fuck am I?" panic.

The good news is, I get to visit with my family all day today.

The bad news is, I woke up at 5:30 am and, as of this writing, have no chance of re-establishing my hookup with the sandman. Luckily, my family is used to seein' me in a half-conscious state.

The good news is, it's kind of cool that we're at this hotel, because it's the first place I ever stayed when we moved to Grand Haven in 1967, and this is the first time I've been back.

The bad news is, there are very actively used railroad tracks right behind our room.

Family hijinks to follow. I shall report back.

9 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy..can't WAIT for the hijinks.

10:32 AM, August 27, 2005  
Blogger Amy said...

ARgh the 'paper thin' walls! This was one of the things I had to deal with when I lived in my MIL's house a few years ago. Every damn morning I had to listen to the whirrr/snap! of her dispensing copious amounts of tp and then ripping it. I used to lay there and wonder what the hell she was doing with all that toilet paper.

10:40 AM, August 27, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

You heard the train last night. I actually miss that. I woke up at 5:00 but stayed put until about 6:00 when I fell back to sleep. Didn't wake up again until around 8:00. It was wonderful. Sorry the walls are so thin. They just redid that hotel a few years ago, that's pretty disgusting. I kinda thought it was cool in its older form. Are you already over there doing family hijinks without me?

10:40 AM, August 27, 2005  
Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

There are people with less shame than you?

Do they have a blog?

10:49 AM, August 27, 2005  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Hope you didn't forget to pack your assless chaps!

1:32 PM, August 27, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

diito ghost of goldwater

12:21 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Should I be afraid of family hijinks stories? I'm skirred now that I know you have pictures.

3:11 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

BFE- did you get the 2 songs I sent you? The Denny's song and the 2 for 1 coupon song?

7:17 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Dazed - okay, so they weren't hijinks so much as they were lowjinks. Low-impact jinks.

Amy - Oh, the pictures that were forced through your mind...I'm so sorry!

Squirl - as you found, I was payin' for breakfast at Big Boy right after you posted that.

Ghost - oops! That's what happens when I blog sober. See my corrections in red.

Kitty - well, hmmmph, if you weren't such a gallivanter this wouldn't be a problem, would it?

Sierrabella - the sad part is, I was gonna wear 'em over, and I forgot.

Bear - my bad. There are few who have less shame than I do.

Squirl - I think Tardist should be more afraid.

Opera gal - I don't know how I missed 'em before, but I sure did! I'll let you know what I think...Thanks!

Emily - And what's wrong with a group tongue picture?

10:07 PM, August 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home