the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, August 25, 2005

No tongue - my lipstick!

Is there any doubt that this is my dog?
You'd think I gave birth to him, wouldn't you?

Although the drunken blackout story was an overwhelming winner in the vote for next post, there were also a few votes for the tongue musings post. This tongue-a-riffic picture of Snickers is my way of promising that story - sort of like an engagement ring proferred to You, the Internet as a Whole. Only, done without the anticipation of nookie; you'll have to settle for a honeymoon of a post. But don't worrry - I won't drag my sweet baby dog through the gutter when the tongue post does make its appearance.

I'd do it now, but honestly, if I'm gonna think that deeply about tongue at this time of night, I'm sure I'm likely to cook up something better to do about it than write.

For now, let me confess to a senior moment this afternoon.

Lucky me, it was laundry night. If you aren't already completely envious of my fairytale life, that should put you over the top. But I will admit, ingrate that I am, I try not to spend any unnecessary time at the 'mat. Thus it was with great consternation and potent vexation that I realized, at very end of the wash cycle, that I had failed to put soap in any of the three front-loaders I was usin'. Yeah, just go 'head and add another 25 minutes to my visit. And slap me in the face with a shovel while you're at it.

Would it be crass of me to put up a PayPal button in anticipation of Depends and that streamlined walker I've had my good eye on?

14 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger eclectic said...

Fresh outta Depends, but my littlest eclectic is now through with diapers, so I could prolly send you the leftovers...just to tide y'over until you get the pay pal thing set up. You know, just to help out.

12:04 AM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

Snickers wants to be a Cotillionaire, too. OK, Miss Tongue, here's a joke:

This guy has been visiting a neighborhood bar for a couple of weeks, and he notices that there's this other man who is constantly walking out with 2 or 3 beautiful girls all over him. A couple of times a night! And he's trying to figure out what this dude has that HE doesn't have. The popular guy is just average in every way. So the new guy says to the bartender, "What's up with that guy? How is it that he gets all these girls all the time?"

Bartender says, "Beats me. I don't think he has a job, never does anything . . . He just sits there at the bar every night licking his eyebrows . . . "

12:11 AM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

you've been tagged for Lucky Sevens, so come on over to the Bears den.

12:32 AM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Eclectic - how do you think I'd look in diapers and chaps?

Susie - What? Everybody can't lick their own eyebrows?

Bear - don't tag me so hard, I bruise like a grape! ;)

8:34 AM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Snickers, Miss Hermione has seen your lovely picture and she is licking the screen in way of trying to let you know she thinks you have the nicest spots she has ever seen.

8:48 AM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Oh, say it isn't so! A senior moment already?

Me- maybe yes, but You... no!!!

12:30 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Sierrabella, Bucky like to think, at the tender age of 40, that she's having senior moments. Nope, not eligible yet. Not as long as she has a sister who's older than she is. :-)

2:28 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Bucky and Squirl- my sister is only 40, and she's been having senior moments for years!

I personally think too much highlighting has given her some brain damage.

2:55 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

See, that's why I'm letting my hair go gray. I need every brain cell I've got.

6:08 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

Has the monkey started turning gray too?

8:14 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Jess - I think Snickers and Hermione would make a fine couple. He needs a girl who can take the upper paw sometimes.

Warped Bryce - and if you throw in a burlap thong? Bliss.

Sierrabella - wait, let me turn my hearing aid up...

Squirl - sorry, but the brain softness set in on me years and years ago. My body's only a few steps behind.

Sierrabella - well, I've never bleached my hair, but I've probably had a bleach cocktail at one time or another. Does that count?

Susie - we're countin' on you to remember all this when we forget years from now.

Torrie - I don't plan to give the monkey a chance to turn gray. That's why there's wax!

Emily - The eyebrow licker never goes home alone. I think Confucius said that, right after he got some from the Chen twins.
The evil blogger treatin' you any better? You know we're all down for good drunken stories!

10:42 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

You have a great blog here! You seem to have slid right into a niche. I will definitely bookmark you.
I'm sure you'd be interested in my Bloody Ice Cube Trays site. It has pretty much everything dealing with Bloody Ice Cube Trays.

11:00 PM, August 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog, it's like getting licked all over. That's a good thing.

11:12 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Susie - touche, my funky friend.

Kalki - even better than Martha Stewart's good thing! And I won't make you sleep in a twin bed, either.

11:17 PM, August 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home