the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, November 11, 2005

See, that's what I love about you - you're so fuckin' sensitive

Lucky. That's what you should call me. I had the opportunity to visit the laundromat two times this week. Two times! Two different laundromats!

I was actually at my regular 'mat last night, and that one happens to butt up against the back of the airport property, so there's a nice vista there for sunset viewing. I always curse myself for lack of camera, but not last night. Nope. I glanced out the window, saw the sunset, and literally RAN to my car to dig out the camera and capture some shots before it faded.

I never know exactly what the shots will look like when finished, as my shades tend to give the whole thing a fiery glow that it doesn't really possess. But I can't say I was unhappy at all when I uploaded the pictures and saw this:

laundrysunset1.jpg

That is not retouched or fiddled with in any manner. That's just the way it went down.

I was inspired to scribble down some totally heartfelt poetry to go with the smashing sunset:

When I got up off my booty
I got all up in Nature's beauty
Spread like melty buttah on the sky;
I felt the tears roll out of me
And then I realized, that's pee!
Can someone bridge the river on my thigh?

Yes, I know, that's way more mush than you usually get from me. But I was inspired, man. Inspired like a hippie with a gro-light.

And just when I thought it couldn't be any more beautiful and wondrous than that, I strode into the laundromat, turned the corner, and beheld an even more primitive but splendid vision:

homies8.jpg
And the angels sang in perfect falsetto harmony...

I had nearly decimated the contents of the machine when it held Homies Series #7. My level of delight shot off the chart when I saw the new, hand-lettered sign and the full belly of the coin-operated beast. Perhaps it's best that I don't divulge just how many quarters I poured into its gullet last night. I'll save that for the photo session.

As soon as work is done today, I head over to Grand Haven to visit my family. My #1 priority? Scour the laundromats and grocery stores of Coast Guard City, in search of new and exciting Homies. Other, secondary activities planned for the weekend:

  • Tease Mom about her bouffant. Repeat 1567 times.
  • Watch General Hospital on SoapNet, every chance possible. Come on, two trains crashed in a tunnel that is now collapsing on top of every amnesiac, pregnant, gun-toting adulterer in Port Charles - how can I not repeat that drama over and over and over and over?
  • Insist on discussing General Hospital in depth whenever Tardist enters the room, causing him to rightly believe that all the women in his family are mentally impaired,
  • Sneak photographs of Squirl when she isn't looking; threaten to publish them later, thus ensuring I receive rumcake for my continued hiding of said photos.
  • Refer to rumcake as "cumcake" all weekend because of its magical, orgasmic properties.
  • Act like a total boneless idiot while walking the streets of Grand Haven, since I don't live there anymore and don't really give a rat's ass what the uptight residents might think of my shenanigans, and really, I hope it pisses 'em off, or at least confuses 'em.
  • Eat Mexican food at the Tip-a-Few. Feel pangs of gas and regret almost immediately.
  • Battle with Tardist and Squirl all weekend for the one Internet-connected computer in Mom's apartment. Plot to set them up with wireless, immediately. I will not be denied my blogging, dammit!
  • Celebrate my one-year blogiversary on Saturday. The blog may be hung over on Sunday.
Bonus Bucky Points if you can tell me where I got the quote that is the title of this post.

19 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Effie said...

Nope--no idea....

Was Squirl baking rumcake again? Mmmm--I'm gonna have to get that recipe!

Love the sunset!

Oh yeah--FIRST!

2:13 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Wow, what a beautiful sunset. You got a fantastic shot there. I'm so glad you brought your camera with you. And that poem was just, um, inspired. Quite the brainy idea.

We'll have to check for Homies. I don't go to laundromats around here very often but I've never seen them. We'll find out.

GH talk, YAY!! Where's my helmet???

2:14 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I would've been first, but I had to talk to someone about work. The nerve...

2:14 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know, 'cumcake' can be quite tasty if...oh...wait....not appropriate behavior. Sorry aboot that.

Teasing is so fun. Enjoy yourself!

2:17 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

Have fun with your REAL homies. I don't know the quote, but it sounds like a Jerri Blank kind of thing to say. Or is it from My Cousin Vinny?

The photo is lovely; the poem, truly makes me want to cry.

2:38 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I can't believe it's almost time for the 1 year! The YPS!! one is coming up too. We keep threatening to do something special, but at the moment, I'm voting on just being a slacker.

2:52 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

And now, a poem for you:

Rumcake, Cumcake, three bellies full.
It's the best and that's no bull.
Made by Squirl and loved by Bucky,
An' if you don't like it, just go f*cky.


Now, can I have the recipe?

5:37 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

It sounds like something from a Quentin Tarantino movie. Or Cohen brothers. And you and your laundromat-Homie adventures are starting to become a movie in your own right! The Buckymat.

5:40 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Nina said...

I don't know where the quote is from.
The sunset is gorgeous . . . the poem cracked me up. The Homies glad you can feed your addiction. Have a wonderful time with your famly. Happy one year blogiversary. Rum cake, I want to come to the party!

7:48 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

Is the quote from "Bound"? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115736/)

8:09 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

MMM...rumcake!
I once made rumcake...got drunk just making it.
What's that...you're supposed to put it *in* the cake?
My bad.

8:55 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Magnificent sunset, Bucky. Thanks for the photo. As for you’re your poetry, it is of a genre with which I am unfamiliar.

As for the quote, I believe that ghost of Goldwater got it before I got here.

BTW, I HATE Laundromats!

10:35 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Kranki said...

I love the sunset photo and I love rum cake. Have a great weekend.

11:34 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Your current Google ad is for Rent.

8:52 AM, November 12, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bonus point title: From Hubby. He says that all the time. :)

That's a beautiful sunset photo!

Have a great weekend!

12:59 PM, November 12, 2005  
Blogger Mahala said...

I found Homies at WalMart!!!! I had to scrounge for change, but I got two. I looked on the website to find their names and descriptions (because I'm 39 goin' on five) and it figures, I get the dead Homie and the wimpy depressed Homie. Pfffft.

2:47 PM, November 12, 2005  
Blogger Ern said...

Wait...sunsets...poetry...where am I?

Happy Blog Birthday!

3:04 PM, November 12, 2005  
Blogger SierraBella said...

I just found out my grandson has a stash of Homies in my guestroom!
He even lets me play with them.

Happy Blog Birthday!!!

4:10 PM, November 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the sunset photo - but that poem? That is sheer genius. Brought a tear to my eye...

12:24 PM, November 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home