the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Blah blah blah

Holy fuckin' shit, how is it the end of July already? Didn't I just get here?

I'm proud/mildly ashamed to say I've finally got the last big brought-in-April cardboard box unpacked in my room (I still have a few things in small boxes from my last trip to Flint, but those don't count). It's not that I didn't want the stuff out of the box, but until I built my bookcases, I really had no place to put the boxed tchotchkes.

But now I can share the glory that greets me whenever I open the door. Granted, it doesn't have the Homies and the Gumbies yet, but I did finally manage to get all my Babylon 5 and Sin City figurines freed from their restrictive packaging. That very action, the night I spent unraveling action figures from their boxes and twisty ties, probably sent out a massively unpleasant ripple among collectors, who shuddered as one and declared, "You took it out of the box! Now it will lose its resale value!" Well, fuck that. I don't buy toys to look at 'em and then sell 'em someday, even if I thought somebody would actually want this stuff; I buy the shit to play with it. Seriously, should I buy vibrators and leave them in plastic on shelves around my room? I think not. Same goes for my tchotchkes - they are not merely decorative, they are functional. They function to further my retardation.

Behold my wall o' tchotchkes.


Wall o' tchotchkes

Maybe it's not kosher to mix Babylon 5, Kill Bill, and Ren and Stimpy on one shelf, but you know what? I'm a rebel like that. Just my little way of stickin' it to the man.

There are lots of little pieces/parts/accessories with these figures, and with all the cat traffic I get in my cat-free room, I thought it best to put that stuff together in a safer place. I wouldn't be thrilled if the cats made off with Ambassador G'Kar, but I'd feel safer than if they got 'hold of a gun, or a beer bottle, or a whip.


Do I know how to accessorize or what?

Handcuffs for Gumby
Who says geeks don't know how to have a good time? Step up the mini bar.

I don't have anything on the second shelf up right now, and am using it as a temporary holding place for my phone while it's charging and for my glasses when I'm in bed, at least until I get the smaller storage rack built for behind my bed. It's apparent to me that I should really fill that shelf soon, lest someone in this house labor under the impression that he, too, is a tchotchke.


Wobbles, the self-appointed tchotchke
Sure, it's cute...until he has to poop.

Speaking of Wobbles, which I usually am, Eeyore was putting the muscle on him the other day, and I'd say Wobbles wasn't very manly about it.


Wobbles surrenders
"I surrender!"




Wobbles in a sleeper hold
Look at Wobbles' eyes: Eeyore must have him in a sleeper hold.




The sleeper hold worked
Wrestled into unconsciousness...both of them. Of course, being the concerned citizen I am, I took photos and stole their wallets.

9 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Karin said...

I think my favorite is the random arm in the box of weapons. Ok Eeyore and wobbles are too cute, I see why you lift the ban for them. The shelves look great, it is nice to have somewhere to put stuff.

12:21 AM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger Madame D said...

Watch out, this kitten's got a whip!

Oh, the havoc those cats could wreak with the tiny guns. You know they'd be all in your face, going "Bitch, better give me my nip! I know you holdin' back on me!"

2:57 AM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

nothing says "home" like a well-filled tchotchke shelf :)

2:33 PM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger Candy said...

Wobbles never puts up a fight to be loved on, he is the most tolerant cat ever. And the best decoration a room could have.

5:05 PM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger Dixie said...

Love that collection! Love those cats even more!

7:50 PM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger The Q said...

Wobbles goes with any decor!

8:11 PM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

It must be the catnip...

8:30 PM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

They look so soft! The kitties, not the tchotchkes.

2:05 AM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

Wobbles is a tchotchke. Just ask him. He looks so sweet with Eeyore.

That's great that you finally have a place to display your, um, little friends.

8:32 PM, July 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home