the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Youse guys are the BEE'S KNEES!

UPDATE: I have had to make a change to my blog, at least temporarily, in light of the ridiculous amount of comment spam that I am removing hourly here. I have still resisted the verification letters, but I have cut off anonymous commenting, since all the spam in this recent onslaught seems to be from that fuckface "Anonymous." I hope to be able to change back to anyone commenting soon, but for the time being...it's either this, or I rip out chunks of my hair while I swear vengeance against the spamwipes. And it's too cold to be missing any hair right now.


I just wanted to express my extreme gratitude for the kindness everyone online has shown me, not only recently, but during other very dark times in my life. It's hard for me to even find words to tell you how much I appreciate all your support, especially considering you're being so nice to a girl who can't seem to stop talking about tampons and buttplugs.


Mucho mucho thanks go to Susie, Eclectic, and Squirl for arranging an online housewarming - sorry, houseHOTTING - party for me over at Susie's place. I sure hope Susie's daughter didn't see us all passed out in puddles of our own bodily fluids this morning on her way to school.

Their generosity, and YOUR generosity, astound and overwhelm me. Never in my life would I have thought I could have such good friends in people I technically haven't met. Your gifts, and your good wishes, are more appreciated than you can ever know. Of course, I suppose now this means I have to cook and clean, but what the hell. I had to start sooner or later, didn't I? I dare say, I might even be inspired to bathe once in a while.

To show you just how much y'all make my heart swell, I thought maybe now would be a good time to give you a peek at my monkey.

Laid back

THANK YOU!

24 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger eclectic said...

Awwww... that's just such a nice, um, monkey. Hairier than I thought it'd be though, what with all the waxing, but whatever, it's very nice.

Anyway, that Susie throws some whing-ding of a party. That was more fun than, than, um... than Alcazar. Seriously. Thanks for giving us the occasion.

2:27 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Susie said...

Aw, you're so welcome. I'm keeping Alcazar; I'll trot him out for special occasions. You want him to help you with the moving?

3:12 PM, February 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you had your monkey waxed? ;P

Did Susie say Alcazar has the trots?

Love and hugs to you, Bucky.

P.S. I seem to recall a photo of you in a very fetching ensemble which I'm sure would be perfect for all the cooking and cleaning you'll be doing! (And, ahem, to clarify...I'm speaking of the dress photo; everyone can just get their minds out of the gutters now.)

3:57 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Ladybug speaks of the Bucky Crocker dress! I hope that thing's long since been destroyed. :)

It was my privilege to work with Eclectic and Susie on your househotting. I want to thank everyone, too, for helping you out.

Now, where's Alcazar?

6:43 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*hides in case the dress should make another appearance*

6:51 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're worth it, Bucky!

9:05 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

The bee's knees? I thought I was the cat's pajamas!

Alcazar! I could use a refill!

9:13 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Don't worry, guys - the Bucky Crocker dress is under a mound of refuse in a Michigan landfill.

Although I DO have a strip of the dress tied to the handle of my suitcase, so's I can pick it out quickly on an airport baggage claim carousel.

10:30 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Oh, and as far as the waxed monkey? Well, if you remember Susie's Shaved-Leg Theory (SLT) of depression, I think you can carry that a step or two to further to explain the hirsute appearance of yon monkey...

10:31 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

I loves me some Bucky. That is all.

10:47 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Kranki said...

Hey! You deserve to be spoiled. Just lay back and bask in the lurve.

11:16 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Down with verification letters! Unless they make funny "werds" of course.

6:41 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Bucky, thank you for showing us your monkey. It's always an honor when someone shares something that intimate. And thank you for giving us an excuse to destroy, er, I mean, party over at Susie's. It was funner and sillier than I ever could have hoped! And I'm so glad our circle now has our very own manservant! P.S. I do want a photo of the totally tricked-out Spongebob/Monkey bathroom! (Fiero destroyed my last Spongebob shower curtain.)

9:08 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

(in best sing-song voice) I saw Bucky' monkey...I saw Bucky's monkey...

And I'll be in therapy for 7 more years, thanksalot.

9:24 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Susie said...

Damn, that's why Alcazar is over here boo-hooing about how he can't comment because he doesn't have a blog!

12:06 PM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Platypus said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the party. The girls really are great, aren't they? Oh and the monkey picture will stay with me for ever... :)

5:13 PM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger kalki said...

Smooch to you...and your monkey.

6:51 PM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Effie said...

Kalki smooched your monkey...teehee

11:31 AM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

That stupid Anonymous made me give in to the swirly letters, darn it.

11:32 AM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger Debbie said...

Ah yes, "Anonymous" is quite the fuckface, I've had to delete a few of those comments too...

Thinkin' about ya, hope the move is going well! :)

1:22 PM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger hemlock said...

Sorry I wasn't able to make it to the partay...

You deserve all of it Bucky. Seriously.

6:51 PM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Aw, Bucky, you're lovable, you know? You just are. I can picture you getting all settled in and it does my heart good to imagine it.

3:06 AM, February 09, 2007  
Blogger Ms SnS said...

have you seen the monkey doormat at target?!

9:39 PM, February 10, 2007  
Blogger Schmootzie said...

Tecnically, when did it switch from beaver? You broads are making so I can't hear an animal name without smirking.

"Anteater". Don't go there.

10:11 AM, February 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home