the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, September 21, 2007

In the land of the obvious, this is still painful

Today's leading entry for winner of the "Well, fucking duh!" category, this headline from CNN:

Laser surgery in wrong hands can be dangerous.

10 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

Ooh, scary! I'd hate to have us ALL walking around with flawless skin! That would sort of defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?

2:40 AM, September 22, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Are we just getting stupider?

7:33 AM, September 22, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I’ve always considered all surgery, no matter who hold the scalpel or control the laser, is dangerous.

7:48 AM, September 22, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Exthellent.

I never knew that. ;)

4:56 PM, September 22, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Ouch!

5:51 PM, September 22, 2007  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

See? I'm not overly paranoid. I'm smart. And I know that some people aren't. Some of those who aren't so smart just happen to be medical professionals. This is why I have to drive an hour and a half to get to a competent, experienced, cautious, respectful and SMART dentist. I think I'm going to post a pic of my pearly whites in my sidebar. :-) I might not still have them if I weren't always on the lookout for idiots wearing scrubs. This turned into a rant, didn't it? Sorry.

9:26 PM, September 22, 2007  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

I did it. Now if I just had a caption...

I'm glad you posted this story, Bucky. I'm actually considering a laser procedure.

9:42 PM, September 22, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

More like fark.com...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

12:48 AM, September 23, 2007  
Blogger Nilbo said...

From Canadian comic Derek Edwards:

"I was driving along and an ad came on the radio: "Considering laser eye surgery? Come to the experts!""

I thought "Well, sure. You'd want an expert for that. At the very least, you should lean towards an avid hobbyist."

"You never hear an ad that says "Thinking of laser surgery? Come on down to Doug's Pupil Hut. Oh, sure, we may not be "experts" ... but dammit, we try our very best.""

9:40 AM, September 23, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bwahahaha! That Derek Edwards! He's funny! Who knew there were funny people up in Canada? ;)

1:29 PM, September 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home