the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Yada yada, cha cha cha, state of the Cotillion and all that

Okay, so perhaps my vow to end my vow of silence was premature.

Honestly, I've had a lot happen lately, but most of it is angst-drenched crap that you really don't want to hear. Last time I started spilling my guts on here, I killed the party, so I'm wary of doing that again. Don't worry, I won't be harshing your mellow tonight. Well, no more than usual.

So, yeah...no more girlfriend. Truthfully, I was never completely sure where I stood with her anyway. I'll miss her, but I won't miss the never-ending cascade of mixed signals. In the meantime, Eeyore is spending a lot more time in the suitcase these days.

After a couple of weeks of unseasonably, delightfully balmy weather, Motherfucker Nature has now decided to make it look like January in Michigan out there. As I was shoveling my driveway today, easily exhausted because I'm so out of shape, I thought that perhaps someone should take my picture and title it Invitation to a Heart Attack.

You can tell I'm single now, as my dinner last night consisted of homemade soup heavily laden with lima beans, hard-boiled egg sandwiches (also known as Mickey Mouse sandwiches, but that's another post), and beer. Who cares if it makes me toxic? Only the cats and I will know.

Who else here is watching Project Runway? I love the show, but miss having someone to watch it with me. Tardist and Squirl would probably like to club me over the head for my unwanted updates on the show, although Squirl does a pretty decent Tim Gunn impersonation, just because I always have Bravo on when she gets here for our General Hospital marathons. Anyhow, on PR, I was tore down when Kit Pistol was eliminated last week; I will miss her OC cheekiness and funky designs. And she was mighty cute, too...not that I noticed. This week, though, I was here by myself cheering (and breaking wind; see dinner notes) when Victorya was eliminated. Her outfits always left me cold and she had a tendency toward...hmm, how shall I say this daintily? She tended toward cuntiness. That's the nicest way I can think to put it. Ricky gets on my nerves with his ought-to-be-burned hats and his proclivity for on-camera tears, but his winning outfit this week kicked everyone's collective asses. I don't see Ricky in the final three for this season, but it was nice to see him win once. I think tiny "Fierce!" Christian will be at Bryant Park. Probably Jillian, too. To round out my predictions, I'll place Rami in the finals as well. Sweet P, Ricky, and Chris are just in trouble too much to make it there, in my overblown opinion. I know it's kind of a gutless call when there are only six contestants left, but to be fair, I picked Rami as a finalist after the first episode. So there, fuckers.

I've now caught up with all the episodes of Heroes that are online for season two. More, please.

Sorry I don't have anything of real interest to say, unless you'd like a recap of the movies I saw last weekend. In short:

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was a movie that really got the "I've taken too many drugs and now I'm taking another fistful" feeling right. And how can you really go wrong with Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro sharing the screen? The only thing better would be a sock monkey with nipples.

Beauty Shop: Queen Latifah rocks. Need I say more?

The Godfather: I've seen it lots of times and will see it many times more. Why I don't own a copy of this movie is beyond me. Also, why Michael married Kay is always puzzling to me. Couldn't a man like him have found someone, I don't know, with a personality? Discuss.

Priscilla, Queen of the Desert: I was mildly disappointed; I guess I just expected more belly laughs from a movie populated with unattractive drag queens (well, Guy Pearce was a pretty nice transformation, but Hugo Weaving should never, ever put on lipstick again). It had its moments, to be sure, but I think one viewing was plenty for me.

Alright, I can't pull anything else, useless or not, from my brain at this time. I'm going back to my painting, which doesn't require me to think; I just have to hang on to the brush and twitch my hands in time to the music. Good times!

18 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can put your guts on here, girl. We'll still party. Just a little quieter for a minute.

How lucky am I that the only two reality shows I watch* are watched and reviewed by two of my favorite bloggers? That would be PR, by you, and Celeb Apprentice, by CK. Good times. I never know when I'm watching the latest episode of PR, because I watch it whenever I happen upon it, and I keep watching until it stops (sometimes they do a few in a row, you know). Anyhow, I was sad that Kit (adorable) went, instead of Rami. I don't like him. Personally. His designs are impressive. But he was mean to Sweet P, just unnecessarily ASSish to her. I can't have that. I love Chris, and Jillian is extremely talented. Victorya doesn't bug me like she does you, but I feel her work has been done, i.e., it's not that exciting or original. Christian, sometimes he steals my heart, sometimes I can't stand him. I would like to see him, Chris and Jillian at the end. I love PR!

*I must confess, there's now one more, when I happen upon it: Drunk-ass Celebs. I mean, Celebrity Rehab. (I know; I'm ashamed.)

Happy farting. :)

7:18 AM, January 25, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! I haven't watched any of the shows/movies you talked about (except Heroes - yeah! I WANT MORE HEROES, TOO!) and now I don't have to because you told me all about them!

Bucky, darlin' YOU are AWESOME. TRULY! And not just because of the fantastical farting.

8:51 AM, January 25, 2008  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Susie - I have to agree about Rami treating Sweet P like crap last week; he was a total dick about the team challenge. I just wanted to punch him in his pretty face when he was shutting her out of the project over and over again. Would love to see Sweet P or Chris in the finals but am guessing Rami will get that spot. I will be truly shocked if Christian and Jillian aren't the first two.

CKelli - Why, thank you! I'm super hooked on Heroes now, although I have to say, in season 2, the Maya story has left me cold. I know she was a plot device for another major character, but she seems written like a disposable character.

10:34 AM, January 25, 2008  
Blogger Squirl said...

I only noticed the normal amount of farting when I was there last night. And Friday hung around, all nonchalant and all, when I did my Tim Gunn impersonation.

I'll watch Priscilla one of these days.

10:42 AM, January 25, 2008  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

Are today's stories related to the psych-hospital in any way? Well, no matter. Sorry to hear things didn't work out on the love front, but I know you'll find that wacky lesbitarian who has her own set of action figures that compliment yours. I'm very irritated right now at some people and work, otherwise I'd try to be funnier or more scintillating. But somehow, I know, you'll just nod and understand. I don't watch PR, but I do know the phrase "make it work" - something we all gotta do.... keep postin'.

11:21 AM, January 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry bout the girlfriend. Next! You really can write. Thanks for all the laughs. Buried in snow here in So.Cal. too. Take care.

11:39 AM, January 25, 2008  
Blogger Smoness said...

Love PR, miss Kit; which makes me cling to Sweet Pea more. She cracks me up. So does Chris. Sometimes his comments make the entire episode worthy. Rami absolutely needed to be slapped two weeks ago. However, I kind-of understand his attitude, as I've worked with a lot of Israelis; and they're just dominant that way. It's not a mean thing, it's just how they are. But he made my Sweet Pea cry... so the bastard has to go. But I'm happy Victora was Aufed first. She's like a bowl of cold cream of wheat. I'm ready for Jillian to go, too. She's talented, but has no personality; and I'm thinking a breakdown on her part is forthcoming. She rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Christian just might be more entertaining than Santino. I agree, he's wicked talented; but if he doesn't do something NOT 80s inspired soon, I think it's going to bite him in the ass.

12:01 PM, January 25, 2008  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl - Lucky you, you get the farting in person!

PlazaJen - yup, the hospital played into the whole weird denouement of that relationship. Next time, action figures will be required.

GLS - thanks! I hope your shoveling isn't making you as sore as mine is making me.

Smoness - I do love Sweet P. I'd like nothing better than to see her go to Bryant Park, but I'm just not betting the farm on it. And Christian has really grown on me. I couldn't stand his little Valley-talkin' ass when the season first started. He's fierce!

3:32 PM, January 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Susie. Your guts make me feel warmer and closer to you. I just have to remember to comment. Sorry I have been away so long. (Last year was not a very good year.)

I watch Project Runway too! It's one of the only shows I watch. And I come here to read what you say about it.

I liked Kit too, and was sorry to see her go. I also did not like Victorya very much. I was HAPPY to see her go.

She reminded me too much of some smart people I've worked with who refuse to even try to listen to other people - and who (seem to me to be not just unexpressive but dishonest about what they really think or feel). Biased much? Yes I am. Cuntiness was the perfect word.

Christian reminds me of my own high school chum Christian who quit Fashion Design school to start a handmade kimono business with me in the 80s. And then it kind of didn't work out... PR's Christian is like way sweeter and warmer than my Christian was. PR's Christian is young but I love him anyway. He is one of the sweetest people on the show, at times.

I absolutely love Chris and wouldlove to hang out with him, but I think his days are numbered on the show. Same with Seet P who is truly so sweet. And she's honest about what she's feeling and I admire that.

Jillian is brilliant but also very young. I see her as a Donna Karan or a Nina Garcia. In 20 or so years.

Rami can't do anything but drape. But not just drape, drape yards of fabric in the same old matted down looking like a greek sculpture (but not as good because she's been remade in synthetic jersey) crap ways. And for some reason it makes me want to sneak into the workroom and cut up his dresses. BLECH

I feel bad every time Ricky cries because I want to hit him. I mean he's being honest - but I always find myself wondering how the dude makes it through the day because he cries just about every day.

That being said, I like him anyway. I thought his design wasn't necessarily the best but it was certainly the most commercial this last time. And it was Levis, so commercial is important.

I liked Sweet P's the best.

What was up with everyone making those damned pleats and ruffles on the bottoms of the dresses. Not very creative.

While I'm on the subject, Tim Gunn made way too big a deal of Rami's use of zippers in my opinion. Not like THAT hasn't been done before on the show. HA! By last season's winner in fact, AD NAUSEUM.

5:12 PM, January 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Wow, we could probably write for a week about why Michael married kay...

In fact, I bet there's someone who already has. ha ha

P.P.S. We recently bought the entire Twin Peaks two season set. I think it has been affecting my dreams in a very profound way.

PPPS (Got tired of all those periods)
I have a little crush on Anthony Bourdain from sometimes watching his show on the Travel channel (I think it's the Travel channnel) (I wouldn't know because I live with a male who never lets me touch the remote). He seems like a sweet, sarcastic, and cool brother or uncle.

5:25 PM, January 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bitch Sheryl cut up all my drapey dresses! I'm crying like Ricky!

7:00 PM, January 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Sheryl - if you think AB is hot just from the show, go read Kitchen Confidential.

Re: P Runway - it *so* reminds me of every costume shop I ever worked in - all the types on that show exist in real life. Except the real life part is usually more fun.

Can't stand Christian - he's the type who would someday sleep his way into a good job.

Love Chris, I wish Jillian would learn to sketch oh hell they *all* could use a refresher course, and I love Chris' snide comments more than the show itself.

He should do MST3000 on next seasons episode, and be there in silhouette and snarky.

10:16 PM, January 25, 2008  
Blogger eclectic said...

Hard-boiled egg sandwiches are the BOMB. My kids and I love them! (I don't let them have any of the beer, though.)

1:20 PM, January 26, 2008  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

I like hard boiled egg sammiches, too. And your yadda yadda is far more entertaining that most people's pointed essays, so don't let that stop you.

I'm a PR addict. Just caught up today and so very, very, very happy to see Victorya get aufed. I agree with the calls for the finalists. Christian is a little bitch, but that's never bothered me - I think he's really creative and I admire his confidence in himself - he's got something to back it up. (And did you watch the season finale of "Housewives"????)

5:32 PM, January 26, 2008  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Better out than in, I always say.
:)

8:17 PM, January 26, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don’t have a heart attack, please Bucky—of any kind.

I caught part of “The Godfather” on the tube. I missed “Fear and Loathing,” which is a shame ‘cause I’ve owned two copes of the DVD, both of which suspiciously disappeared.

Hunter Thompson is one of my favorite authors and not just because he was from Louisville.

“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.” ~ Hunter Thompson

8:27 PM, January 26, 2008  
Blogger Mike said...

Fear And Loathing is one of the best movies....ever.

I have tried to get into PR, but just can't. I'm not much for reality TV of any kind.

12:56 AM, January 27, 2008  
Blogger Bone Machine said...

I don't really watch much TV anymore and I tend to be equally as ignorant when it comes to movies.

I have seen Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas and I can't seem to locate anything to say about it. "It's incredibly fucked up..." Well yeah. I'm not as sold on HST as much as I probably should be, because a friend of mine is a huge fan of the man's work. I'm a casual fan at best but I like the guy's style (having his remains shot out of a cannon is fucking great).

I'm more of a Henry Rollins kind of gent. His work has really connected with me over the years and if you haven't checked out his spoken word DVDs and what not, I think you'd enjoy it. The music is more hit and miss with people. However, I happen to love it. Hell's bells, '92's The End Of Silence is part of the the reason that I am still alive after a particularly rough patch of road in the past.

3:37 PM, January 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home