the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

At this particular moment...

I am:

  • Watching Bravo. Duh, like you didn't know that. Those OC housewives are like a train wreck, a well-dressed train wreck, that I can't stop watching.

  • Eating chicken in thai peanut sauce, a dinner I made all by myself, and it tastes good and I'm not dying from it!

  • Laughing my fool ass off because someone on TV just said, "I'm getting a facial!"

  • Dropping rice on Thirteen's head and then pretending I didn't when he whips around and accuses me with his bratty little glare. Oh yeah, I'm quite easily amused.

  • Now quite hooked on Heroes thanks to my brother's season 1 DVDs.

  • Returning the favor by getting Tardist hooked on Dexter by way of my season 1 DVDs.

  • Having a hard time getting the Dexter theme song out of my head after watching about five episodes today.

  • Feeling like maybe I watch entirely too much television these days.

  • Wondering if the cat vomit on my panties is some kind of editorial comment. Um, they're the ones from yesterday that I threw on the floor last night; I wasn't wearing them when said regurgitation occurred.

  • Sending my resume to lots and lots of potential employers. Sooner or later, one of them has to look at it and be fooled into thinking I'm worth employing.

  • Thinking that if I see "would of" instead of "would've" or "would have" one more time, I'm going to bust out my grammar police uniform and start writing tickets and slapping on the cuffs. Don't think I won't do it, people. Then I'll avenge misuse of "I" and "me." Don't mangle the language, y'all.

16 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Oh man, I got sucked into the "Housewives" last night, too. Watched three whole hours in a row. I need therapy now.

7:35 AM, December 19, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

HTGT - Vicki needs a good bitch slappin' ASAP. Honestly, I find that woman more irritating than a sandpaper butt plug...yet I cannot stop watching.

8:19 AM, December 19, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would of commented earlier, but me was busy. I think my pet grammar peeves are:

A) IT'S. It is ONLY a contraction for IT IS. Not to be used in the following example: "My cat gave up it's hymen today"

B) 'S on EVERYTHING. It should show possessiveness, not plural. Not to be used the following example: "I sent Bucky 1,347 IM's today"

10:07 AM, December 19, 2007  
Blogger Smoness said...

-The whole grammar cop thing just makes me <3 you even more.
-Feel free to cook me Thai food any time, as I'm going through some serious withdrawals since Thailand.
-I can't believe you weren't already hooked on Heroes. How did you not get into that show when it premiered?!

10:34 AM, December 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BFE - how far of a commute is to Lansing for you?

1:45 PM, December 19, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Okay, I'm not going to get started on the whole grammar thing. Just too many to handle. But I do love Jim's comment.

1:46 PM, December 19, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

May I be Grammar Deputy? Please???? Thank you.

6:26 PM, December 19, 2007  
Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

It gives me great pleasure, and the possibility of relaxation, to hear I got someone riding shotgun in the Grammar Police patrol car. Thank you!

(Obviously I know "got" is incorrect, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.)

1:09 AM, December 20, 2007  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

...and of course, I had to make grammar mistake number 2 in the above sentence.

6:50 AM, December 20, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love me some Heroes.

Save the cheerleader, save the world.

9:43 AM, December 20, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Jim - thats okay, your forgiven by I.

Smoness - I kind of remember the hype when Heroes premiered, but I was going through so much mind-bending shit at the time that I guess I just didn't get in on it then. So glad these things come out on DVD!

Opera Gal - Lansing is more of a hike than I would want to attempt on a daily basis. I know it's over an hour drive in decent condition. I think east Grand Rapids is my outer limit in that direction.

Squirl - you and me can talk about that and other thing's later.

Eclectic - you want to be the Barney Fife of grammar? Go on, get your bullet and meet me at the squad car.

Mermaid - purposeful use of slang and regional dialect is completely permissible in my little world.

Opera Gal - the pertinence of your question overrode any grammar boo-boos.

9:45 AM, December 20, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

CKelli - you sneaked up on me, ninja style, while I was answering comments.

I'd like to amend your sentiment, though: Undress the cheerleader, save the world.

I've only seen the first two episodes from last year (I caught part of one this year before that and was, of course, completely lost).

9:49 AM, December 20, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

No... sweetie... "Lost" is another show all together...

1:39 PM, December 20, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

“Would of” is certainly painful to the ears, but the hip-hop “wit chew” for “with you” puts me into a homicidal rage.

I have just spent 30 minutes cleaning Alex’s fur with a wet cloth after he stuck his head between the Friskies gravy I was pouring and his feeding dish into which I was pouring it.

Soooooooooooo, please stop dropping rice, which I assume has sauce on it, onto Thirteen's head. Actions like that give us humans a bad name among cats.

Actually, it only took about 15 seconds to wipe the gravy off of Alex’s fur. Within a millisecond of the wet cloth touching his head, the furball jumped out of my arms and the remainder of the 30 minutes was spent capturing him.

9:59 PM, December 20, 2007  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

damn. a really good, large and stable tech company is hiring like crazy out there. day-um.

11:52 PM, December 20, 2007  
Blogger Debbie said...

"Would Of" Aaarrrggghhh!!! I totally agree!!!

4:08 PM, December 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home