the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Good friends will help you make trouble


Cherie and Alan's wedding. No, I'm not the groom, just the DJ. And a darn bad dancer, at that. Is the look in my eyes positively satanic or what?

Sorry, I know I've been a blog slacker this week. I even weaseled out Monday and had Squirl write the post! I promise more stuff.

I'm just in too good a mood for this time of day. Someone come in here and hit me with a tranquilizer dart.

15 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Susie said...

Glad you're all better. That's such a pretty, happy girlfriend pic, I can't think of a snarky thing to say about it. Maybe later;)

8:58 AM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I just wish it said above it, "Now we're going to Disney World!"

9:15 AM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I'm sure we were toasted enough to think we were at Disney World!

9:38 AM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

That's a very flattering picture, there, Ms Bucky. I like it.

9:58 AM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Joseph said...

You look so soft and glowy...no..you look Happy.

10:08 AM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Strizz said...

You look so sweet and happy. blech. lol

10:14 AM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

As I recall it, and the memory is a little hazy this many years/beers later, I was pretty well tanked by that point. The DJ gig was easy, the hall was a half mile from my house, and my buddy was gettin' married. Yep, I'm sure I was pretty glassy-eyed by the time the dancin' started.

10:19 AM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Oh, and Strizz -- I was definitely happy, but no one has accused me of being sweet since I was four years old.

10:42 AM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Sweet Bucky was a dancer, but none of us would chance her, because she was a samurai.

11:09 AM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Um, afraid I have to vouch for Bucky's last statement.

11:10 AM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

See now why is it everyone else looks at that picture and sees sweet and I look at it and my first thought it, Oh well there is trouble in the works....

2:42 PM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

You kinda have that look that says, "yeah, I"m gonna get some later!"

8:50 PM, March 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good stuff Ms B-F-E - you look like you're having a great time

9:29 PM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Okay, you who've looked at that picture and smelled trouble, you are 100% correct. Those smiles have more to do with Lucifer himself than they do wholesome wedding fun. And the warm glow is pure drunkenness.

But, uh, I do want to clarify that Cherie meant she and Alan went to Disney World. I stayed home and barfed 'cause I was hung over.

And maybe I did get some, and maybe I didn't. I was drunk, anything coulda happened. Uh, not from the lovely bride, of course. I think it was the bride's mother.

9:50 PM, March 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to know how you manage to look so goregous when you're completely shnockered - I always look stupid-drunk, not cute drunk.

9:59 PM, March 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home