the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Self-Portrait Thursday: Bad Hair Day!


Poster child for birth control

This isn't technically a self portrait, but it does satisfy the Bad Hair requirement. Circa 1990, trashed in the bathroom of some bar in or near Flint. Cherie, did you take this picture? Charming, just charming.

14 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Ah crap. I was formulating a condom joke just this morning and you beat me *cough cough* to the punch.

"Vend A Condom" sounds naughty. I like it.

8:39 AM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Schmootzie said...

X24's dad had the best idea... put condom machines in womens' washrooms that are empty. Money goes in, nothing comes out, few are going to complain about it and demand a refund. It's got money maker written all over it.

By the looks of the picture it seems like someone else had the same idea and Katy is out $1.25.

By the way, it is a 1978 Ibanez CN250, the poor man's Les Paul. It is the most evil guitar EVER made. Unbelievable sound, made only 1 year.

Check my site today. It will make you laugh.

9:16 AM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

You can't tell it really well in this shot, but I'm pretty sure I was outta control with the crimping iron in those days. C'mon, I was drunk all the time back then. I can't be held responsible for my fashion decisions.

Schmootz, too funny! X24's dad sounds like somebody I wanna have for a business partner. Your new axe sounds like the perfect companion for an Evil Clown. Can't wait to see some pictures of it!

9:32 AM, March 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are CONDOMS? Shit, I thought it was gum. No wonder the bubbles were REALLY impressive and there was absolutely no flavor. Golly, do I feel silly.

10:17 AM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

HAPPY ST. PAT'S KATY (and friends)! I'LL THINK OF YOU ALL AND TIP A PINT TO YA AT FIDDLERS HEARTH TONIGHT.

p.s. go to my site for a special toast and song!

11:30 AM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Joseph said...

AT LAST! Finally...I can comment here. Was beginning to think I wasn't wanted anymore.

How you feeling Buck? My voice is just now coming back

Loved the hair shot. You were seriously hard core shit. I love that about you. Girls like you in high school used to scare me, but I wanted to be just like them. Guess that's why there's a rocker chick inside me when I listen to Alanis or Pink or Stevie Nicks and Pat Benatar. I idolized Pat Benatar!

12:52 PM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Joseph said...

AT LAST! Finally...I can comment here. Was beginning to think I wasn't wanted anymore.

How you feeling Buck? My voice is just now coming back

Loved the hair shot. You were seriously hard core shit. I love that about you. Girls like you in high school used to scare me, but I wanted to be just like them. Guess that's why there's a rocker chick inside me when I listen to Alanis or Pink or Stevie Nicks and Pat Benatar. I idolized Pat Benatar!

12:55 PM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Joseph said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:55 PM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Aw, Bucky, I missed you while I was away the last couple days. And I tried to comment this morning, but Blogger was PMSing again.

I'd love to have a sarcastic and witty comment for this photo, but all I could think was, "No sunglasses! I finally get to see your face!" And you do have a lovely face, by the way. Very purty, indeed.

1:43 PM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Spoonie, that song She Bangs is about my '90s hair. Now you know.

Dazed, not bubble GUM, bubble CUM! Distinct differences in texture and flavor, but an awful lot like that squirty gum.

'Bear, now you've gone and stirred me Irish blood. Where's my Bailey's?

Greenie, to me you'll ALWAYS be Pat Benatar with five o'clock shadow. :)

1:44 PM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

LadyBug! The Bug is back!
Yeah, that's two times this week you've had to gaze upon my unshaded eyes. Thanks for bein' nice, and not tellin' me I look like a big crimped-hair drunk, even though I do!

1:49 PM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

Omigod! Look at you, graciously displaying those prophylactics...you're like a scrumptious post-punk Vanna White!

Bucky, you rock so damn hard.

2:36 PM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I finally got into comments!

Bucky, I do remember that picture. Our dear, sweet mother had that hanging in her living room for years. She is a tolerant soul. :-)

3:47 PM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Plum, Vanna White? I never aspired to such lofty heights when I began acting on my love for condom vending machines. It was all about the love. Now I'm all verklempt (or however you spell that).

Squirl - heh heh Yeah, I gave that to her as a Mother's Day card one year, as I recall.
And yet she claims me.

4:31 PM, March 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home