the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, June 20, 2005

Buff spots and other nonsense

this is an audio post - click to play

Okay, I've finally gone and done the dreaded "Pet Theme Songs" audio post.

Here are the caveats:

WARNING! Bad singing included.
WARNING! Total stupidity ahead.
WARNING! Don't say you weren't warned.

26 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger LadyBug said...

Oh, my, Bucky. Those were so awesomely bad. Or badly awesome. I haven't decided which.

Either way, you're very brave to share them with us like that.

2:06 PM, June 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've burned these songs to CD and will play them loudly at our pride parade next Sunday, Buck-O. I think the 'tie me spotty dog down' will get a standing ovulation.

2:20 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I'll have to listen to the Nudgie part again. I'm glad you posted the animal theme songs. I usually just would make up a number of nicknames for my animals and talk to them in a dumb baby-voice.

2:34 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

Words fail me... as they clearly did you...

2:35 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

How old is Snickers?
And
Where did you get him from?
And
When did you get him?
Tell the story!

2:43 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

LadyBug - "brave" like a 500-pound streaker?

Dazed - You are certainly welcome to march to my terrible songs. Just don't blame me if there's a riot!

Kitty - Can we call Squirl "Sir" then?

Squirl - you could audioblog that, you know.

Ghost - I, uh, er, um...well, you know...

Torrie - I could do that. I'll give the Snick his own post.

2:50 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

Sweet Pea Dog...yep, that's a great name for an alternative rock band.

But actually, even though I'm the classy sister in my family, I wanted to know what's the deal with monkeys? Squirl said you'd know....!

3:11 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Ok really, those are bad, but we do it too. All of our cats, yes all 12, have nicknames that they know and certain things we sing to them, Nick is guilty of creating some of them, me of others. Nicks creation, Wobbly man Wobbly man, no one does it like Wobbly can. Yes, that is sung to the spiderman theme song. My creation, Baby Nala baby nala, Baby Nala, Baby Nala Baby Nala oh oh oh Baby nala. Yes, Thats Rock me Amadaos but with Baby Nala. Tigger has Tigg tiggerie tig tig ta tig. Yes, its from Mary Poppins Chim Chimeny Chim Chim Charoo.

I best stop now, and I have clearly revealed too much. I however, will NOT be singing these online. My singing is best left for only the animals to hear, or to use to torture P.O.W.'s in Iraq....

3:20 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger SierraBella said...

OK now...
My speakers weren't working so Mr. SB fixed them so I could hear this.
Click, they're fixed, and we both look at each other and exclaim "Bucky sounds just like You (from him) & Me (from me)!"
Our old dog Lady's theme song was "She's a good girl..." by Tom Petty.

3:31 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

I love when you follow my orders.

4:46 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Eclectic - seems I'm the monkey expert 'round these parts.
*sigh*
Okay, here's the deal: There's a skit on MAD TV where "John Madden" is narrating a commercial for a feminine hygiene product, and he doesn't wanna use the word "vagina." So he keeps saying (I mean, like 100 times in the skit) "Remember: Monkey equals Vagina."
Since then, I'm all about monkey=vagina.

Jess - those were quite lovely, in a completely warped way. I just know you'll have a theme for Hermione soon (or is it the Tootsie Roll jingle?).
And don't I always overshare here?

Kitty - that's because you've seen us in all our bosomy goodness. *cue hysterical laughter*

Sierrabella - Ha, we actually used to sing a modified version of that to Mickey the Wonder dog, too!

Torrie - I'm told I'm easy like that.

4:53 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Oh! And the Spiderman theme reminded me of one I forgot!

Our cat Chauncey had a theme song to Spiderman's tune, too!

Chauncey-Brew, Chauncey-Brew
Does whatever a Chauncey do


Aaaaah, memories...

5:02 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger Ern said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We have a cat named Nudge, sometimes called Nudgie as well.

I love your theme songs. We just replace lyrics in existing songs with our pet's names. Much less creative than things over at the Cotillion!

5:48 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

Birds always think they're number one...

We had a himalayan cat named Katmandu (shut up) who we'd sing a wanna-be Batman song for:

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na KAT-MAN!

At least yours wereoriginal.

10:22 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

OK, now that I'm done being speechless, I feel like doing an audiopost that says, "God, I love you, Bucky!"

10:25 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

I never had a song for my pets, however, the power of Phoebe from "Friends," compells me:

Smelly cat... smelly cat... what are they feeding you? Smelly cat... smelly cat, it's not your fault!!!

10:45 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

Ooooh, ooooh...the Smelly Cat song from Friends -- it was among the first of my daughter's baby words. I laughed for days at her 20-month self sittin' in the bathtub "singing" that unforgettable classic. Heh!!

12:25 AM, June 21, 2005  
Blogger Jomama said...

Bravo! Those were very creative. My favorite was the potato chip one. Why? Because it made absolutely zero sense.

I don't have any pets right now, but when I was little I had a little beagle/rottweiler mix named Rudy. I used to lay her on her back and shake her hind legs in the air and sing "kangaroo legs, kangaroo legs" over and over again. Sigh, I miss that damn dog :(

7:08 AM, June 21, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

DP - never trust a frog.

Ern - I remember the first time I looked at your site, and I yelled to Jim, "Hey! These folks have a cat named Nudge!" And most of my songs are ripped off, at least slightly, from real songs.

Mrtl - I love your Slava song! And wait until I tell Jim you had a cat named after Fetisov...

Plum - Katmandu rocks! I'm surprised we never named a cat that, seein' as how our first date was a Bob Seger concert and all.

Susie - Do it! Do it! There's plenty of room in the car for my inflated ego...(oh, and I love you too, man!)

Nugget - At least Smelly Cat very nearly became a hit...

Eclectic - ah, for an audio recording of that (you know, to play when the boys start to come a-courtin').

Jomama - Awwwww, you gotta love a dog with kangaroo legs! I used to think Tuco looked like a little kangaroo when he "assumed the position." And I'm glad you liked my potato chip song. I mean, really, what the fuck did that mean? I remember I had it in my head that each animal was a kind of food (why, I couldn't tell you). The only ones I remember were Josephine, who was a potato chip, and Rebel, the fat beagle who, for some reason, I decided was a carrot. Um, right. Maybe a sausage...

7:56 AM, June 21, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

So delightfully goofy to wake up to this. We name our pets after characters from musicals - first, there was Annie, then Oliver, now Roxy ... and umm .. Ducky. So OK, Ducky the Cat is not named after a character from a musical. But she has her own theme song ... which is The Name Game. "Ducky, Ducky, bo-Bucky (1) ... Banana-fanna fo Fucky (!) ...

Oh ... damn .. now you'll all have that little ear-worm crawling around in your head all day. I'm so sorry.

8:06 AM, June 21, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Nilbo! You've been plotting with Jess, haven't you? You guys and your evil earworms.

I will have my revenge...

(dammit, now all I can think is Nilbo Nilbo bo-bilbo, banana fanna fo filbo, me mi mo milbo...Nilbo!)

8:29 AM, June 21, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

We have an Airedale named "Kipper". He has the largest capacity bladder I have ever seen in a dog. Our song for him (sung to the Flipper theme):

They call him Kipper, Kipper...
All South Bend is his territory
No dog, you see, can pee more than he!

It's amazing the things you think up around a back yard campfire after consuming a few Lienenkugels (the Yooper national beverage)

12:39 PM, June 21, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I was warned, and I still listened. What the hell is wrong with me?!?!

12:40 PM, June 21, 2005  
Blogger Weetzie said...

Omigod, this is the best thing ever. I now have to go home and create "theme songs" for all my pets...maybe my kids too! =)

2:05 PM, June 21, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Bear - I love it that so many people have pet theme songs, and are coming out of the closet about it here.
And I can't say I haven't swigged a Leinie's Red or two in my day, though I'm not really a Yooper.

Mr. B - What's wrong with you, you ask? Well, how long do we have to discuss it?

Weetzie - Oh, the kids should also have theme songs, I totally agree. Ones that you can use to really embarass 'em when they bring home dates.

2:14 PM, June 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amused and yet kind of scared. and now desperatly trying to think up themes songs for my pets.

11:51 AM, June 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home