the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, June 17, 2005

Teased to perfection


I just can't leave my hair alone this week!

I have arrived at the Lair of the Squirl. We are plotting evil together, the kind of evil that only sisters can conjure. I shall have many, many pictures to post after tomorrow (and no, if I told you what we have planned tomorrow, that would ruin the surprise).

So, for the moment, as we await the arrival of Ichabod and the subsequent exodus to din-din, I shall attempt to address some snippets of somethings and nothings:

  • Songs I can't stop listening to this week: White Stripes' Blue Orchid, Doorbell, Little Ghost, and Denial Twist (thanks, Jess!)
  • The doc gave me some Xanax yesterday for Bitch Pills. He told me to take a half at a time. I saw those tiny little pills and thought, "Yeah, right, a half won't even register in this body." So I took a half. And an hour later I was snorin' on the couch. And I wasn't bitchy. And thus, my complete lack of input here last night. Uh, oops?
  • Snickers had completely emptied the bathroom trash in the front room when I stopped by the house after work today on my way out to Squirl's place. I know I should have scolded him and cleaned it up, but I did neither. I knew I wouldn't see my precious little baby again until Sunday, so I left the tissues on the floor and gave him biscuits. Jim will likely kick my ass when I come home.
  • There are three of us in Squirl's apartment now, all on our own computers. This is a Gaggle of Geeks. At least it's not a goddamn hootenanny.

12 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new White Stripes CD. Can't say that enough...

One of my other fave songs right now is Spoon's I Turn My Camera On

It's similar to some of teh newest White Stripes stuff.

Thank the universe for music or I wouldn't survive this life!

I can't wait to see pics of your new hairdos.

6:37 PM, June 17, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

And din-din was soooo good. Bucky has pictures.

7:06 PM, June 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will there be Jell-O and nude wrestling with girls? Cuz I don't wanna see that. Unless it's ORANGE Jell-O, of course.

7:40 PM, June 17, 2005  
Blogger Joseph said...

LOL!!! Dazed!!! too funny!

I was gittin a bit worried what with no new posts SINCE WEDNESDAY!!! Sheesh!

I can't comment on the White Stripes, I'm too busy listening to Cold Play's X and Y right now.

have a fun this weekend!

8:07 PM, June 17, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Im really glad you like the songs lady, I told you they were addictive, im sure by now my kids know all the words weither they wanted to or not.

11:10 PM, June 17, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

La Pix - I will have to check out the Spoons, too. I never considered myself a White Stripes fan before, but this stuff just knocks my socks off.
And my hair hasn't been the same since I discovered liquify in Photoshop.

Squirl - Uuuuuuuuurp, and there's more tuna in the fridge.

Dazed - I can't guarantee there won't be any girls Jell-o wrestling. I'll try to make sure it's Orange, just for you, hon.

Greenie - Sorry, I was so drugged up (by my doctor) I couldn't post Thursday. What's this world comin'
to when I can't write because I'm too drugged? Am I not supposed to write better when drugged? What would Hunter Thompson say?

Jess - somehow I think I appreciate this CD more than your boys do. But hey, at least it's not gay disco music.

7:52 AM, June 18, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

Listen to LAMB. LAMB is good, LAMB is great. The radio host has spoken. LAMB
electronica shoegazer stuff- very cool.

11:27 AM, June 18, 2005  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Had a feeling you and squirl were up to something... the lack of posting goin' on was far too unusual.

1:05 PM, June 18, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

We may need to get together and buy Bucky a variety of hats for days like this!

Incidentally, I concur on the White Stripes new album! Incredable!

2:38 PM, June 18, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

OK, I'm supposed to be napping now, but how flattered am I that you remembered a goddamn hootenanny?! Have fun. Hey, Squirl! Hey, Ichabod!

3:29 PM, June 18, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, hey back atcha from me and Ichabod. Hope you've done okay with the kiddie party.

4:09 PM, June 18, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Opera gal - Thanks! I'll check 'em out.

Sierrabella - tried to make up for it with my obnoxious volume of photos this weekend!

Bear - I keep a variety of biker skullcaps about the house, for occasions such as this.

Susie - Heheh, that may be one of my favorite blog passges ever. I can recite the entire explanation of company, crowd, shindig, and hootenanny.

Squirl - whoa, I was at your house this weekend? Cool!

5:09 PM, June 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home