the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Dorky bitch part 2

Didn't I warn you yesterday that I was obsessed with my old notebooks? I haven't looked at these in over 15 years, I would bet. Easily.

I've moved from the first into one that I picked out that spans all of 1986 and up to June 1987. There's a lot there to make me laugh, even more to make me cringe (god, all those horribly swoony love letters I wrote and kept - wonder what kinda sappy shit I actually mailed?), and lots of everything in between.

There were titles for songs I never got around to writing, like "Spastic Yes-Men on Rampage" and "Edna Be Thinkin' Some Hideous Thoughts." There were lyrics to songs I did write, like "Watchfob Panic" and "The Saddlehorn Song." I must tell y'all about the Sandy Duncan skits some day...

As usual, there are lots and lots of my odd scribbling drawrings, either lining the margins of written word, or occupying the whole page themselves. So let me take you on a visual narrative, through the subconscious of a deeply disturbed young woman, who grew to be a deeply disturbed middle-aged woman.

1986doodle1
You see why I refuse to draw caricatures of my female friends?

1986doodle2
Yes, it does say "Let's fire off some grapes to the moon." I don't know what it means, either.

1986doodle3
I guess he has a foot between his legs?


1986doodle4
Charming.

1986doodle5
What the fuck is that all about?


1986doodle7
Another example of why I don't draw females.


1986doodle6
Yes, it says "Johnny plunged from the womb and was heard to say, 'Jesus H. Christ!'"

17 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I'm glad I ain't he only one that needs counselin'.

8:08 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

More of Bucky's mind on paper.

8:29 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

You must tell me about the Sandy Duncan skits, NOW.

8:31 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

Ok, I don't have much time, but you are the only one who cares....

I LOVED how Jason woke up and held off Dr. Thomas on GH on Friday (?? I think)

Ok, I feel better. :)

8:48 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

1. Send that child to the school counselor.

2. Nooooo, Sandy Duncan? What, one-eyed stuff? You gotta tell that one.

10:52 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Bryan Kurz Photography said...

cool ass drawings

11:47 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Suddenly it's all becoming clearer... the evolution of the mind of Bucky. And I'm with Torrie and Susie - cough up the Sandy Duncan stories.

11:50 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

By the way... how geeky is it that Sue and I saw Sandy Duncan in "The King and I" when it came to Philadelphia?

11:58 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Mr. B - we can get sent to the principals' office together. It'll be fun!

Squirl - see my brains splattered? that's where they went!

Torrie - ahahahahaha, I will tell all about Sandy. Gotta figure out posting sound files for full effect.

She who... - That was a great scene! Nobody messes with Jason and Sam, not on MY watch. (yes, I have a favorite couple on the show, what are you guys lookin' at?)

Kitty - so, you'd like to be the first victim, er, caricature?

Susie - too late, my personality was already formed by then.
And I will certainly make with the Sandy Duncan.

Wildcat9two - why thank you!

Charlotte - you guys actually saw Sandy Duncan? How weirdly cool is that? I'm a little jillis! I wish I'd caught Stephanie Powers when she came through town in that role.

1:38 AM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Zombie_Flyboy said...

I love it! Your drawings are very creative. And yeah, I might be crazy as a loon, but that doesn't mean I don't know me some kick ass art when I see it.

Thanks for sharing it.

3:47 AM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

I did a show with Sandy Duncan when I lived in Chicago...she is not nearlyas squeaky-clean as you think. Coudl definitely appreciate the Cotillion sense of humor.
I was one of her wardrobe people. Very professional - she had more energy than any of the 20-year old dancers in the show.
And by the way, it's the left eye ... just in case you wanted to know.

8:01 AM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Zombie - obviously , if you weren't crazy as a loon, you'd have no business at the Cotillion. And thanks! I'm sure they say more about me than is prudent in a public forum...

Opera gal - NO SHIT? I feel so Sandy Duncan deprived! That's very cool that she's so energetic and NOT squeaky clean. Now I really HAVE to find a way to post the Sandy Duncan skits.
It's not even the skit that is the funny thing, though - it's the delivery style of two semi-intoxicated idiots who happen to be siblings too.
Yeah, Tardist, I mean you.

8:50 AM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

she has a very dry sense of humor and totally deadpan delivery - you would be on the floor, cause its SO different from the image she projects.

10:13 AM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

What? Still no Sandy Duncan? Because I'm holding my breath until you spill. Starting: NOW!

11:50 AM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Opera gal - I can either picture her hawkin' Triscuits, or as the old lady drinkin' lemonade with a big loog in it in Roots.
I'm sure I would be amazed by Sandy Duncan's real sense of humor.

Eclectic - unlike the AOL story, I really WILL tell the Sandy Duncan story here. It's not so much of a story as it is a "Here's a recording I made with my brother, and we were both a little drunk, and we were already not right in the haid."

12:05 PM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Lori Denine and her cat said...

Did some heavy stuff back then n i jus know I met them drawins bfor. Firin grapes to tha moon, probubbly them winos fired off to get ground samples ...I tell ya...you got sum talunt fir readin tha future...

12:40 PM, August 12, 2005  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

I love Jason and Sam too. It's great that he got away from stupid whiny Courtney.
I only got to the part where he puts that shit in Sam! Of course, she won't die, but I am still pissed as fuck. Goddamn that "Doctor"!

10:27 PM, August 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home