the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, November 14, 2005

On the west si-ide

tardspill.jpg
Spill the beer, and dig for Earl...Tardist reacts with lightning speed.

Spent the weekend in Grand Haven, visiting my peeps. I don't really have anything exciting to report, and I don't even think I met my goal for number of times teasing Mom about her bouffant. But we did have some fun with her socks...
momsocks1.jpg

We also failed to watch the DVD we had of Orgazmo, though I'm sure Mom helped herself to it as soon as we were out of sight. If I hear her say anything like "I don't think I'm gonna do Hamster Style anymore" then I'll know it's true.

We did, however, manage to watch an episode of Family Guy and most of The Wizard of Oz. We always have the same conversation when we watch that movie: "Oh, I always loved that part!" "Oh, that part always scared the shit out of me!" "I always thought that shot looked so cool..."

Then on Saturday I found out what else was in the apartment: tchotchkes. Specifically, Beavis and Butthead tchotchkes. With no twinge of shame or remorse, I forcefully removed them from Tardist's grasp and ran to the dining room, my official tchotchke staging area. Breathlessly, I arranged them on a beach blanket, and hoped that love would blossom on its own from there.

I was not disappointed.
butthead_love.jpg

"What the fuck?" I hear you say. "Only a year into this thing and that's all she can think to write about? We demand a refund of our ticket price."

I'm sorry, but I cannot give you back the last two minutes of your life. It could always be worse, though. I could be naked and lindy hoppin'.

25 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Yank-a da weiner!

7:27 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

Damn Bloggy -- I was gonna be first.....

7:28 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Mr. B - is that your choice for an alternative to the naked lindy hop? Oh, and your monkey has my shades.

Eclectic - that's ok, you're still the first GIRL.

7:44 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

The homies are watching? Damn they are kinky little guys arent they

And those socks rock so you shut it.

7:57 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

OMG, did Bucky just say I'm her first girl?? ***swoon***

8:00 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Jess - yes, the Homies insisted on watching. Somehow, I ended up with a pocketful of Homies when I left for my trip.
Do I have one vote in favor of my mom's Halloween socks?

Eclectic - well, um, er...you know, there's no way for me to answer this without getting into trouble. ;)

8:11 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

It's OK... secretly I always knew you liked me... Just don't tell anyone, 'kay? Because I don't want to get kicked out of Honors Band.

8:17 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Eclectic - you're not gonna pin me down in the locker room again, are you? You have to at least let me have my inhaler within reach this time.

8:27 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Hey, I like those socks. I bought 'em for her.

8:35 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

OK, first, eclectic, there's something you need to kno.... Nope, not even gonna go there . . .

Mom's Halloweenie sox rock. Did you show her your monkey sox? I likey the funky sox.

8:49 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

:::reads comments, realizes there is nothing she possibly could say, slowly backs away from site:::

8:52 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

My monkey has your shades...hehe

You're such a naughty girl.

9:19 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Fucking Bucky!

You had a PERFECT POST going.

Orgasmo on DVD...socks...Orgasmo...orgasmo.on.dvd.

PERFECT POST.

then you used my most hated word. tchotchke. I hate that word.
HATE.
I don't know why. Just hate looking at the word, hate reading it, hate saying it. It ruined a perfect Orgasmo post.

*sigh* my whole life has been shattered.

9:53 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl - another vote for the Mom socks. You have chosen wisely.

Susie - I missed the opportunity to dazzle her with my monkey...socks. I shall wear my monkey socks when I see her for Christmas. I know she'd want me to.

M_D - don't tell me we've left you at a loss for words? Not a thing to say? Oh, come on! You know you want to...

Mr. B - that's what my monkey tells me.

Kristine - it took you until NOW to be offended by tchotchkes on my site? Is it just the word, or is it the miniatures that make you want to kill?

Oh, and "fucking Bucky" is on my pay-per-view site.

10:20 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

Party at Jim's place!

(It'll be going on for a while.)

11:28 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

:::chants in sing-song:::
monkeymonkeymonkeymonkeymonkeymonkeymonkeymonkeymonkeymonkeymonkeymo--what was I gonna say? Oh, yeah...
MONKEY.
I think that covers it.

Giraffes don't find long neck bottles amusing.
Just sayin'.

1:17 AM, November 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome. can i be beavis?

7:43 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Susie - I have made myself good and comfortable at Jim's place. I hope he doesn't mind girl panties on the chandelier.

M_D - see? I knew you would not be at a loss for words in contributing to this high-level discussion. MONKEY!

Anon - you can only be Beavis if you post as something other than anonymous. Otherwise, no wiener yanking for you.

9:18 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Um, do I want to know what lindy hoppin' is?

11:40 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

I'm afraid to leave a comment. LOL but I love your sunset pic. Stacie

2:26 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Bucky Four-Eyes Helps Bloggers Overcome Their Commenting Fears, tonight on NewsWatch 14.

2:34 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Tardist - B&B are welcome to live here, but they are required to have jobs. Only the handsomest of Homies gets out of that responsibility.

CKelli - well, technically, it's the proper name for the dance more popularly known as the jitterbug. But if you'd like it to be something more disgusting, I can certainly comply.

Stacie - don't be afraid of the comments...I'm really quite harmless. Demented, but harmless.

Mr. B - preach it, brother!

3:04 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Kranki said...

Your mom has got herself some kinda funky feet going on.

3:50 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

It was making me all excited when you mentioned "Orgasmo" (one of the funniest movies.Ever.Period.)

and then you used that word right after it...
it was like....

Foreplay and then burping.

4:51 PM, November 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 527,040. Thank you for taking the time to entertain me. It's been worth every penny and then some.

"Monkey" as a word is funny again.

Thank you from Olean, NY all the way to Grand Rapids. I've been there before. Know my buddy Frank Seibert? In the mid '60's we called him Charlie. Ringabell?

5:28 PM, November 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home