the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, November 02, 2007

Lazy Bucky's quickies

  • Got talked into a flu shot today. I know it's a good idea, but I usually feel like shit for a couple of days after I get one. Yes, I know, roughly 9,000 people have told me it's simply impossible for me to be sickened by a dead strain of the flu. Person 9,001 gets a gets a screwdriver in the tender bits.

  • As I sat in the waiting room at the doctor's office today, I realized that I still had the traces of a face drawn on my hand. On the bright side, Molly's grade school-age kids think I'm one of them.

  • I'm planning on another long bath tonight. What are the chances that Thirteen has learned his lesson since going into the water on Wednesday? Rest assured that I will report back if he has not, probably with more pictures.

  • Hallowe'en was super lame again this year. I am hereby promising myself that I will actually make some effort next time.

  • Too much History Channel. I was too lazy to change the channel when they showed a program about the history of saws. Twice. I'm watching a show about kung fu right now and I honestly don't give a fuck. Oh, look, a program about sea monsters. Time to go see if there's any gratuitous nudity on Showtime.

  • General Hospital notes: A big "What the fuck were you thinking?" to Lucky for breaking up what could have been a magnificent bitch fight between Sam and Liz at the Black and White Ball. Two hot chicks in formal dresses are about to rip each other's clothing to shreds out on the veranda and you put a stop to it? I maintain that Lucky is a closeted homosexual; there can't really be any other explanation for his actions.

  • Dear fans of Reverend Horton Heat: Seriously, get over yourselves. The next one of you who feels the need to "educate" me when I speak the name "Brian Setzer" gets a crotchful of that screwdriver I used on the flu naysayer.

8 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Spilling Ink said...

A crotch full of screwdriver sounds like a waste of alcohol.

3:41 AM, November 03, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

You watched a program about the history of saws? Twice?

Jeeze, Bucky, I wouldn't even leave that on as background sounds for Alex, much less watch it.

3:59 AM, November 03, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

I'm so glad you saw the Sam/Liz fight. Figured you'd enjoy that.

See you tomorrow. :-)

5:06 AM, November 03, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

it's simply impossible for you to be sickened by a dead strain of the flu.

Now, about that screwdriver....

10:06 AM, November 03, 2007  
Blogger Nilbo said...

Do I sip the screwdriver straight from the container?

4:55 PM, November 03, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

so the Reverend is well, the Reverend, and Setzer is the acolyte - works for me.

:)

9:01 PM, November 03, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Lynn - I don't know about alcohol, but there will most certainly be a waste of blood.

SSNick - I felt really bad one night because I went off and left SoapNet on for the cats. Does that make me a bad mommy?

Squirl - It was definitely the highlight of the week. Especially if they had been allowed to FINISH IT!

Jim - because I missed you so, I will only give you a warning jab for that. ;)

Nilbo - if you are that flexible, be my guest!

Opera Gal - OK, you at least get a tap with the screwdriver for that one. ;)

Honestly, though, I have yet to meet a RHH fan who can say something pleasant like, "Oh, well, you'd probably really dig the Reverend, then. Let me play you a couple of tunes."
I'd probably be a devoted fan by now. It's the condescension that really burns the hair out of my asscrack, as if enjoying Setzer will be completely unnecessary once I have seen the way of the Reverend. OK, I just put my finger on what pisses me off so much - it's just like religious fanaticism, also in my top ten of screwdriver-punishable offenses.

9:53 AM, November 04, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Of course it doesn't make you a bad cat mommy, Bucky. Alex doesn't care what I leave on the TV. He just wants the movement on the screen and the sounds. Of course, I do leave the remote where he can reach it.

12:15 PM, November 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home