the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, October 15, 2007

Age does not guarantee maturity

Won't you be my neighbor?
Can't even tell we're related, can you? Could if I wanted to, Poop Breath.

Yesterday was Tardist's 50th birthday, so of course I went to his house and we acted like 12-year-olds with access to beer and cake. I think sleep is the only thing in which I did not overindulge this weekend. But at least I'm young enough to keep up, unlike my elderly brother, who is now eligible to join AARP.

Since he hasn't updated his own blog in, oh, two years, if you'd like to leave him belated birthday wishes, you can do so here. And if you'd like to send me some Alka Seltzer, that's perfectly acceptable, too.

10 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Happy Birthday, Tardist! And don't forget about AARP - it's painless to join.

3:48 PM, October 15, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

Happy Birthday!!! Send both alcohol AND cake, please. You did save some, right?

4:39 PM, October 15, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Tardist! I fondly remember my 50th. I hope you celebrated with more than just beer and cake (and Bucky).

Poor, dear, Bucky. If I could, I’d send you a case of Alka Seltzer. I have this weird feeling you’d use it up.

4:56 PM, October 15, 2007  
Blogger Dr. JAT said...

That is an awesome picture!

5:37 PM, October 15, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Sorry I had to miss the party. I spent about 3 hours just crashed out during the afternoon.

I'm glad you helped him celebrate that wonderful day. He should join AARP, good benefits. :-)

Hope your tummy is feeling better.

Looooove the picture.

7:32 PM, October 15, 2007  
Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

For the sake of absurdity, I shelled out my $12 to join AARP when I turned 50, two and a half years ago. But when my renewel came up I didn't cough up another 12, cuz, well, WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE BENNIES, ANYWAY?

I know I'm not usually serious around here, but today I am! Buxter, YOU seem to have the fogies over here -- all my readers are half my age, I can't ask THEM! I tried to make AARP get me some health insurance deal, but nope -- what the hell can they do for me, I mean REALLY?

Oh, sorry, I lost myself. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TARDIST!

2:04 AM, October 16, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Tardist!!! :)

And I second what Eclectic said...

9:26 AM, October 16, 2007  
Blogger amy said...

Bucky,
I am addicted to you! Your writing style and wit, got me hooked, the first time I stumbled onto your blog!
Sharing your family with us is an added plus!
Happy Birthday Tardist!
=^..^=

10:41 AM, October 16, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Two words: RUM CAKE!

Takes care of everything.

12:19 AM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Oh, and Bappy Hirthday Tardist!!!
(Just thinking about RUM CAKE makes me giddy)

12:21 AM, October 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home