the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, October 05, 2007

If I could save time in a bottle, it would be a Corona bottle with a wedge of rotted lime in it

At this particular moment:

  • I am eating a Jethro-sized bowl of cereal for dinner because I am too lazy to cook and, for once in my life, I do not want pizza. Why can't Long John Silver's deliver?

  • I am looking around my spot on the couch, where stray papers and empty plates and empty beer bottles and magazines and half a dozen different remote controls tell the story of my time spent at home lately, and I'm grateful I'm not having any company over tonight.

  • I am doing an emergency load of laundry because I realized that the only clean panties I have are ones that should be burned.

  • I am wishing I could keep this kick-ass rental car that I've decided to drive until Monday morning.

  • I am hoping that the spirits of brilliant plastic surgeons will give me a boob lift and tummy tuck in my sleep.

  • I am acting so ADD I have to laugh at myself. STOP LOOKING AT YOUTUBE, KATY!

  • I am writing a pretty much pointless post when I have about 20 other things I need to pull together in the next couple of hours.

  • I am stopping now, hitting "publish" and stepping away from the computer.

4 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger eclectic said...

You don't know how envious I am of your giant bowl of cereal for dinner. And if the spirits show up, could you send 'em over here? Thanks.

9:11 PM, October 05, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Now you see why I use a glass. Too gross to put the lime in the bottle.

Hope you're having fun now.

9:26 AM, October 06, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I’m flabbergasted, Katy, because we do some of the same things. Like, eating big bowls of cereal for dinner for exactly the same reasons, having a couch with identical stuff on it, being thankful no one is coming over, doing emergency laundry, and writing pointless posts when I have about 100 other things to do. Do you think it may come from living with a cat?

5:58 PM, October 06, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the "moments" at your house. It gives me a different perspective on my own.

I've now been sitting at this computer for over two hours, and I've just realized it's lunch time. I never even had breakfast... yikes, and I'm still in my pajamas.

It's awfully quiet... I should probably see what the kids are up to.

12:59 PM, October 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home