the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, September 28, 2007

Written from my hiding place in the bedroom closet

Dear cats:

I'm sorry, I'm really really sorry, that I left you alone for almost two days, with only enough food and water for twenty cats for a week, and with no one to pamper/pet/appease you. It was negligent parenting on my part.

Mostly, though, I wish to apologize for leaving the TV on SoapNet with the sound up for the entire time I was gone. It was wrong, I know that now, and look forward to the chance to make things right with you. You guys like albacore tuna, right? Herb crusted with catnip?

Seriously, I'm waving the white flag here...can I get your promise that there will be no more attempts on my life? I understand that forcing one's pets to watch Dallas and Days of Our Lives for any length of time is strictly forbidden by the Geneva Convention, but can't we work out a compromise?

With love and a genuine fear for the unshredded parts of my skin,

Mommy

8 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

You have it all wrong, Bucky... they're just trying to say "WELCOME HOME! WE MISSED YOU, HUMAN!"

5:05 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Oh bucky...you know better!!

5:10 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Your ass is grass. That's all I'm sayin'.

6:38 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

You left soaps on? Was there lots of kitty vomit around when you came home?

8:17 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

At least you didn't leave the radio on instead...to light FM.
You wouldn't have made it through the door.
Just saying it could have been worse.

11:30 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

Hello? Cartoon Network... lots of little, fast, characters zooming around. It's like Wii for cats.

12:12 AM, September 29, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are damned lucky, Ms. Bucky.

The last time I left Alex alone for any length of time he invited all of his cat buddies into my house to party.

12:56 PM, September 29, 2007  
Blogger amy said...

Hey Bucky,
First time commenting on your site.
I really just wanted to let you know, I think you are very clever, great with descriptions, and I look forward to reading your blog!Your thought process is fascinating, thanks for making my day less boring....

3:26 PM, October 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home