the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, October 04, 2007

The road to hell is littered with the pieces of my car

So...remember how I was joking that the PT Cruiser knows it's paid off, and is in the process of self destruction? Well...that joke just ain't fuckin' funny anymore, guys!

My brakes have been shit for a couple of weeks, grinding and making all kinds of awful noises and just barely doing their job. I was dealing with it, and was looking into alternative (cheap) mechanics to work on it for me. Annoying, but I was getting by with it, just being careful, staying off the expressway, that kinda stuff.

So, last night I hopped in my car around 9 to go see a friend, and instead of starting the engine, all my key turn got me was an unpleasant clicking noise that I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to be happening. Squirl happened to be in the neighborhood and stopped by, and she's pretty sure my starter is fucked.

And so am I. Now I'm looking at towing charges, brake work and whatever lovely parts they need for that, probably a starter, and labor. Here's the part where you notice that my knuckles have gone white because I am grabbing my ankles with such vigor.

So...who wants to come over and work on my car? I'll cook for you, really I will, and I'll even get out the good plates (duh, the ones that are shaped like monkey heads). I'll let you watch my Robot Chicken DVDs. Come on, how can you pass up an offer like that?

(ps - I will not pee on you, though. Please stop asking.)

9 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

Strange coincidence. This evening was my first time ever riding in a PT Cruiser.

I don’t think I could be of much help to you, Ms. Bucky. I have worked on all the cars that I owned up to 1995. After that the technology was beyond me. Besides, with all the computers and electronic diagnostics, etc, working was cars became less than fun.

Good luck, my dear. And if you must take it to a repair shop, be very careful that they don’t screw you without your even knowing it.

12:17 AM, October 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hell when you gotta sell your yacht over brakes and a starter ...Very amusing blog!

3:08 AM, October 05, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bucky - give me a call on Tuesday afternoon - I have a vehicle that is decent and in good running condition that I was going to put on craigslist.

8:09 AM, October 05, 2007  
Blogger Mike said...

No pee. No work. It's just that simple!

9:26 AM, October 05, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

That little sucker does know it's paid off. I always try to remember that repairs are, generally, cheaper than car payments. Maybe Opera Chick has something cool.

9:30 AM, October 05, 2007  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

It's never too late to take out the floorboards & make it into a Fred Flinstone Cruiser.... Get you some good footwear though, braking's a bitch on bare feet.

11:15 AM, October 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am no expert, but when you turn the key and only get clicks, it may be your battery. Mine went out a couple of months ago and did the same thing. It may be worth looking in to. Hope this helps. John.

11:23 AM, October 05, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

Maybe if you tell it how you get all turned on when you're able to turn it on?? No? Well, THAT sucks. I'm sending "get well" wishes to the Cruisah.

7:18 PM, October 05, 2007  
Blogger Bone Machine said...

Sadly, I am beginning to think this is the Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth way. I've had a semi-steady stream of shit going wrong with the Intrepid. One example is when the hood ornament/logo fell off. When I was paying for my repairs, I told the service guy that it's bad when the corporate logo bails on the product.

12:54 PM, October 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home