the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, November 08, 2007

What, the "Lazy Bucky" thing didn't tip you off?

It's really time for a housecleaning/redesign around here. No, I take that back. It was time for that several months ago, and now it's past due. Ouch, I don't like that phrase. But any way you slice and dice it, I really need a new look here.

I'll miss the Barbarella masthead, which I probably like so much because I totally ripped off the design of a European promo poster for the movie. Speaking of space pussy, I hear that my future husband (though he doesn't know it yet) Robert Rodriguez is doing a remake of Barbarella with his (temporary until I get there) honey Rose McGowan (actually, I think the three of us could come to an agreement) in the title role. Is that just scuttlebutt or is there substance to the rumor? IMDB won't cough up the goods unless I pay for a pro membership because it's an in-development project.

And speaking of (well, writing of) Robert "HoneyJizz" Rodriguez, I want to know when filming begins on Machete. The fake trailer for the film was so good that the movie is actually supposed to be made now.




Don't you wanna see the actual movie now, too? HoneyJizz calls it a Mexploitation film. I call it good, gory fun.

Now I'm not sure if there was an actual point to this post, other than the fact that I'll be changing my masthead soon, I promise. And my drawers. You have my word. I swear on a stack of laundry that needs to be folded now.

5 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Oooooo...can't wait to see the new look!

7:01 AM, November 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scary movies make me . . . scared. So does your blog, but I come here anyway, 'cause you're family :p

10:20 AM, November 09, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

That clip cracked me up. I'm glad I opened it whilst working from home. Not SFW.

12:47 PM, November 09, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

have you ever seen his very first film? Antonio Banderas (sigh) was in
the remake, but the original is MUCH better.

2:06 PM, November 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I was afraid to watch the clip before, on accounta I already got more than enough scary shit in my head, you know'm sayin'? But I did, and it cracked me up. I should trust you more (or maybe not).

3:22 PM, November 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home