the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I hope you enjoyed the silence while it lasted

I'm fully aware that my posts have been haphazard and not especially packed with words for weeks and weeks now. Hell, I'm surprised y'all are still checking in! My muse seems to have left the building, hopefully only on a vacation. I really haven't been able to come up with a single clever thing to say, but I'll tell you what - I kick ass at The Godfather video game.

Not to go into too much detail, but my love life has been a little stranger than usual for a while now, and I reckon I would call myself single again. On the one hand, that's really a drag in a lot of ways, but on the other hand, I've got enough things in my own life that need my attention and haven't fully had it (like the cats who are vying for the next chance to strut across my keyboard while I'm writing). Who knows, maybe I'll do something unprecedented, like clean my house or shovel my driveway (with a new shovel I bought after my old one was stolen, thank you very much).

So I'm going to try to come back here a little more often than I have been. Consider yourselves warned.

17 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, Ms. Katy, it seems you have been living a life similar to my own, except I’m creating meaningless blogs rather than playing meaningless video games. Still, as you so well know, life changes, sometimes abruptly. May any changes in your life bring happiness and much joy, my dear friend.

10:49 PM, January 17, 2008  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Welcome back! I'm glad that everything is okay - I was starting to worry! Have you gotten pulled into the Guitar Hero vortex yet?

6:50 AM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh wait... you're... you're coming BACK? Oh shit. ;)

Happy new shovel! :)

(and you know I'm totally kidding about that "oh shit" comment, right? because you could totally kick my ass and truly, I'm just a little scared that you could, and now you have a new shovel and have been playing The Godfather... eep!)

11:00 AM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger amy said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog for several months. My workday is a little more tolerable, now that you are back! Just write whatever, you are still more interesting, then most others, whom really think they are gifted...In this case silence is not golden..please, keep me entertained...too much pressure:)

11:30 AM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

I've been wondering...did the little neighbor boy ever stop by again? You know, the one who acted like he owned the joint?

3:40 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

SSNick - thank you!

Charlotte - I haven't played Guitar Hero, but I did play some Rock Band at Christmas with my brother. I suck at guitar!

CKelli - I would never, ever whack someone with my shovel. Then I'd have to get a new shovel.

Amy - I'll do my best to be entertaining. Maybe some dance videos

HTGT - nope, the neighbor kids stopped coming over after the second time. I think their mothers warned them or something...

3:53 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Squirl said...

Wow, I've only been posting once a week. This is one time you don't want to emulate your big sister.
:-)

The kittehs are trying to hold you down so you have to stay home.

7:58 PM, January 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just deleted an inappropriate comment. Mostly it said you know we love you, and miss you when you're not here, but are kinda happy because we think it means good stuff is happening, but then we worry a little, because what if it's not good stuff, but then we're happy when you come back, but not tooooo much, because then you might not have enough of a real life, and we certainly don't want that, although of course we're always happy to see you.

Aren't you glad I deleted the rambling, circuitous comment of questionable taste?

10:49 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger chia said...

Squirl said "kittehs."

I didn't think it was in her person to spell something outside of the oxford continental dickshunary way ;-).

God bless I has cheeseburgers.

12:32 AM, January 19, 2008  
Blogger chia said...

Squirl said "kittehs."

I didn't think it was in her person to spell something outside of the oxford continental dickshunary way ;-).

God bless I has cheeseburgers.

12:32 AM, January 19, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hows the job sitch?
lansing is still an option, should you need it. they are on the west end of Lansing, if that helps.

8:38 AM, January 19, 2008  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Silence makes my ears ring.

Welcome back :)

6:19 PM, January 19, 2008  
Blogger eclectic said...

She's BA-aaaaaaaack!

(cue AC/DC "Back in Black")

I'm always glad to see you, Bucky.

7:58 PM, January 19, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

God never closes a door without opening a window - and usually tossing your ass out of it. Happily, the landings can be fun.

Yay! I'm looking forward to even more Buckyoddities.

11:03 AM, January 20, 2008  
Blogger Rhonda~ said...

It is ok to take a break once and a while to do nothing. The heart leads the head more often than we would like. You do what you want to do or what you do NOT want to do and those of us who read your blog faithfully will be here waiting to read whatever words your head or heart have to offer. I btw am quite addicted to the Sims-I go into their world so I can pretend mine does not exist. Take Care of you...Aloha!

5:20 PM, January 22, 2008  
Blogger Kathryn said...

So you're available now? I will start forwarding you those emails I get from girls who are lonely!

12:05 PM, January 24, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

OH MY GOD THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING!!!

10:14 PM, January 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home