the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Self-Portrait Day: In the workplace


What I sed caused an awk-ward silence

I know it's not quite Thursday yet, but fuck it. At least this one is a self portrait. And quite possibly qualifies for bad hair day, too.

15 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Candy said...

I see we are also playing peek a boo today?

11:52 PM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Ok and I want to know why your google ad is offering a "wonderful, compelling yet disturbing love story".

Explain. Right now young lady.

11:53 PM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Jess -- Uh, er, um, I don't know what you mean, um, heh heh heh

oh god, google ads is reading my mind, make it stop!

7:36 AM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

Is that a monkey book you have your nose buried in? And is that a come-hither look?

8:06 AM, March 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that's an O'Reilly ... what are SED & AWK?

kel

8:21 AM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Susie -- how astute, keeper of Gumby. Yes, the cute little primates on the book are slender lorises. And where there are monkeys, there is a come-hither look.

Coskel - I love O'Reilly books...sed and awk are ways to manipulate text and extract desired results from text files. sed is short for "stream editor" and I think awk is actually the first initials of the three guys who invented it. Yes, I'm a geeklet.

HDL - It's totally my Gadget arms. I do have a timer, but I save that for my close-up ass shots.

8:57 AM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Startled by the monkey, the bird sed "AWK! AWK!"

Yeah, well, I tried, anyway.

Love the peek-a-boo pic. And the Bone Rollers pic in the background.

10:07 AM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Joseph said...

Heh! heh! don't hate me, but you totally look like Penny Marshall from behind that book.

geek-a-boo, I see you. LOL!!! funny stuff.

I cheated of course this week, but then I'm allowed.

11:07 AM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Shclamele, schlamozzle, hossenfeffer incorporated

2:42 PM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Good eye, LadyBug! Yes, I'm egotistical enough to have my old band posters up in my office. Glory days and all...AWK!

Greenie -- Geek-a-boo, I dig it! I won't get pissed about the Penny Marshall thing if I can trade her Lakers' courtside seats for identical seats for the Pistons. Then we can tawk.

Mr. B -- thanks a fucking lot, now I'll have that song stuck in my head ALL FUCKING DAY! And your profile pic...it becomes more disturbing with each edit. I like that.

2:57 PM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Next on the TV Hits parade:

Look what's happened to me now,
I can't believe it myself,
suddenly I'm up on top of the world
should have been somebody else

Believe it or not
I'm walking on air...

4:54 PM, March 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crazy kids. Say, I picked up "Geek Love" and "Annotated Alice" (thanks, Squirl) and PSP 9 (thanks, Mr. B). Now damn it, stop talking about books and computer shit - I can't afford to read you.

7:47 PM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Dazed and Confused - I hope you enjoy both of the books!

9:39 PM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free-hee-heeee
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not, it's just me!

One vote for sexalicious from the bootylicious nurse.

And more "Geek Love" in the world.

aaah, I feel all warm and fuzzy. But maybe that's just five o'clock shadow.

11:41 PM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sodapop was sooooo hooooooooot. ANd I am so aware how much that comment identitfies me as a secret geek.

3:27 AM, March 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home