the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Detroit Monday: Take five, they're small

beads1

It was Jim's birthday, he had beads aplenty, and by gum, he wanted to see some boobs. Alas, the hot mama from Sunday was nowhere in sight, so he had to settle for some familiar ones. Over and over and over and over...

beadslut2
What?

We got to Detroit by 3:30 or so. Dave Brubeck wouldn't be on until 7:15, but we knew we'd need to stake out a spot early. It's a good thing we did, because it was packed by showtime, and people who showed up ten minutes before the show were doin' their level best to mooch in on our space. Some days I'd like to round up all the latecomers, tap 'em with an electric cattle prod, not hard, but just enough to get 'em to drop their corndog, and say, ever so politely, "Planning ahead is a smart idea!"

We were pretty far back in the ampitheater, so my pictures are all via the digital zoom (and by that, I mean blurry). Though we hadn't expected much of a set from Brubeck, considering his age (he'll be 85 in December), he was onstage for about an hour and a half. He might not have been the springiest thing on two legs when he came onstage, but once he was at the keyboard, 85 didn't mean shit.

brubeck3

brubeck2
I'm pretty sure white hair is a requirement for this band.

Truthfully, there's more I could say about the whole weekend, and I certainly will, but I'm still pretty burned out today. So I will leave you with this and promise you more about the experience as a whole (to You, the Internet as a Whole) tomorrow.


But before I go, I just wanna say: wasn't it nice of the lady next to Jim to prop his chin up with her cane like that?

birthdayboy1

9 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

Woo-hoo, love the picture of Jim with his chin propped. Sounds like it was a good show. And those last-minute assholes who tried to crowd you out were just plain stupid. What the crap were they thinking, coming ten minutes before the show and expecting to get a good seat?

7:48 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

p.s. I updated my blog without undue harassment from one of my siblings who shall remain unnamed.

8:18 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Most people get a birthday whoopin', but ole Jim Bob, he gets a caning. GO Jim Bob GO!

8:45 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Kranki said...

Yet another great day out. You sure know how to party, Miss Bucky!

11:16 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Hey, what do I have to do to get some of those beads?

2:48 AM, September 07, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl - I think you have been harassed by now. Just guessin'.

Mr. B - Yeah, Jim Bob won't be able to sit down for weeks. Nice cane stripes, though.

Mrtl - he's barely conscious right now, but he thanks you!

Kittay - they were givin' out jizz stickers all day again. I had a fresh jizz sticker each of the three days I was there. Pays to donate to the Detroit Jizz Foundation.

Kranki - I've had lotsa years of practice, and have finally learned that quarts and quarts of beer are not necessarily a good idea for me. ;)

Jess - well, normally I'd say "You have to show your tits for beads!" but...I think at this point, you've already earned dozens and dozens of strings. Maybe I'll just put a case of beads in the mail to you.

4:17 AM, September 07, 2005  
Blogger ALRO said...

The question is...
What do I HAVE TO DO to get some of those beads...

and if you say kiss that bead-lady.. cuz i'll...

*runs beneath desk again.. Drooling, rocking back and forth moaning* "Mamma... mamma*

11:03 AM, September 07, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Alshrim - would it ease your trauma if I just sent you some damn beads?
'Cause I'm startin' to think people will send me therapy bills after I posted the Bead Lady pictures.

11:18 AM, September 07, 2005  
Blogger ALRO said...

hahaha... !! sure!

1:43 PM, September 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home