the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, September 05, 2005

Show us how you got them beads, hot mama!

beadlady5
This gal did not stop dancin' the entire time we were there. Could it be enchanted shoes?

I have a lot to say about yesterday's show, both onstage and off. But we have more things to do today, birthday lunch to be eaten, Dave Brubeck to be grooved on...

Why yes, I said "birthday" - it just so happens to be Jim's birthday today!

freaky3
Didn't know I was Amish, did you?

Happy birthday, Jim!
I'll try not to give you too much shit today, but don't expect any special treatment tomorrow. And we're lightin' the candles on your cake
outside today, 'kay?

There is much to say about the Marcia Ball show yesterday: we were in the front row and I completely went overboard with my camera (I took over 400 pictures and about 10 video clips), but for now I will leave you with an image of Marcia and a promise to tell more tomorrow. Tonight I prepare to bask in some Take Five and some Blue Rondo. Cool, baby...

marcia5

21 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger PlazaJen said...

I don't mean to hit a NERVE or nothin', seein' as how you get the question :cough: at times.... but are you SURE that dancer's a woman? Because those sure do look like man hands to me. Perhaps if we'd gotten to SEE the enchanted shoes.... it would be more clear-cut. Anyhoo, happy birthday to Jim, y'all have your cake & eat it too!

11:21 AM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

She IS hot. Happy Birthday, Jim! Be REALLY nice to him, Bucky, if you know'm sayin', and you just mind end up lying there sayin' "whoa, whose birthday was it?" I mean, I'm just imagining that sort of thing could go that way . . .

That's a fun picture of you two, a framer.

11:43 AM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Everybody should check out your Flickr to see all the pictures of that hot mama. Or not.

Happy Birthday to Jim! And you look at least 10 years younger in that photo. Have fun today. And follow Susie's advice. She's a trained therapist, you know. She wouldn't steer you wrong.

12:11 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

Holy Hotness! Yew shur kin spot'em, Bucky, yessiree bob. An' thanky for sharin', too. That was..., ehrm..., quite a *cough* visual delight.

1:43 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

Probably not enchanted shoes, more likely several generations of inbreeding...

As for the festivities in general, I'd envy you if it wasn't for the fact that I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy performed by a blind, drunken Hannibal Lecter using a hammer & nails, than listen to 30 seconds of jazz. Looks great if you're into that kinda thing though... *feeling a tingling of envy... yes, envy... def'nitely nuffin else*

3:08 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Happy Bday Jim Bob! (Sorry, thought it would sound more sincere if I Kentucky-fied it up fer ya.)

3:15 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

GOG - no jazz?
:(
you might be missing out, but then that leaves more for the rest of us to enjoy.

and enjoy Jim's b-day all you can, BFE!!!
we operate under the assumption that Jim is enjoying it already, I mean, he did make friends with a Southern Comfort bottle the size of Cleveland. That SC makes a fine Manhattan, y'know.

4:26 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Kranki said...

Happy Birthday JIM!

What a great way to celebrate.

5:07 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

You had excellent weather for this!!

BeadLady reminds me of "Stella," who used to be a fixture at all the downtown events. She was a toothless homeless woman who'd dance through the crowd asking for beer. If you weren't careful, she take a drink of yours knowing that YOU'D certainly never touch it again LOLOL.

Gotta see if I can find some old pictures of her. She always looked like she was having a blast, eyes closed as she sang and danced. She looked 70, but was probably only in her 50's.

8:57 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

Happy Birthday Jim!

11:38 PM, September 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie. You can go ahead and send the thong and pez now. Our mail system is back up. :D

Thankyou for checking on us and for your concern.

2:15 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Happy birthday Jim! Hope you got some spankings and had an extra "good time".

4:16 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Plazajen - you raise a valid point. And I wasn't about tot look under the dress and confirm.

Susie - so you find us suitable for framing? Even in my Amish headgear?

Squirl - I simply could not stop watchin' the hot mama. She was my fascinating person for the weekend.
And which one of us looks ten years younger in this picture? If you mean me, I'll buy you ice cream next time I see you.

Eclectic - did you need a towel to sit on, hon?

Ghost - I kinda thought she looked like a hostile mental patient myself. The concert might not have been too lobotomy inducing for you - there was a good measure of blues mixed up with the jazz this year.

Mr. B - hey, Jim appreciates that, since he done married hisse'f a Kintucky woman.

Opera gal - Frankly, I was afraid Jim would run off with the hot bead mama. How was AB&E yesterday? Brubeck was ultra cool, of course.

Kranki - Jim says "Thanks!" And smiles because girls he doesn't know are wishin' him happy birthday. ;)

Emily - I tried to put in a good word for you. I'm nothin' if not a consummate wingman.

Michele in Mich - yes, we definitely need to see pictures of Stella. I suppose every town has their Stella. Flint used to have Rosie, who was ancient, drunk, and always wanted to sing "Won't You Come Home, Bill Bailey" with all the local bands.

Kitty - badgers in burlap? Now how can I work?

Torrie - Jim looks up from his Geritol long enough to thank you.

Amanda B - Do you mind if there's Pez in your thongs? Soooo good to have you back online. Be on the lookout for your thong pez dispenser.

Jess - In my utter innocence, I cannot imagine what you might mean by "extra 'good time'" - let me take the rubber Rambo fist out of my ass and the ball gag out of my mouth and ponder this...

7:55 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Yes, Bucky, you look at least 10 years younger in that picture, Amish headgear or not. I get ice cream???

8:16 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Bucky! You KNOW I try to keep my identity as anonymous as possible! And here you go, postin' my picture right there in plain sight!

(And I got my beads from my boyfriend back at the institution.)

9:31 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Oh! And a belated Happy Birthday to Jim!

9:32 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl - you get all the ice cream you want for that remark.

LadyBug - sorry, but you know, nobody woulda known it was you if you didn't pop in here and alert everyone. I think you secretly want to be noticed, and are hoping that Paula Abdul will see these pictures and beg you to be on American Idol next season.
And Jim thanks you (from the institution).

11:03 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger ALRO said...

Mmm.. sexy beads... I got chub!

I can hear her sexy voice in my mind's eye right now..

"C'mere young fella or I'll gum ya!"

Oh the heart flutters that causes.

11:53 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Alshrim - are you sure it's not "Come here, young fella, AND I'll gum ya"?

1:21 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger ALRO said...

I'm sure that's what she wanted in my daydream so i turned-tail and RAN MY ASS OFF!

*crawls beneath work-desk and sucks thumb, rocking back and forth, drooling*

1:52 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

Hey hey! I didn't give you permission to post my picture! J/K!

Badgers in Burlap? Isn't that a Moody Blues tune?

Happy Burfday Mr. Bucky!

3:36 PM, September 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home