the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Let's get visual, visual

"If a picture paints a thousand words
Then why can't I paint you (with a thick coating of jizz)?"
The original version of that sappy-ass Bread Song


I don't have a lot to say tonight. So let me whip out the slide show.

Redhead
If my hair could magically turn this color and never fade, that'd be awesome, thanks!



Holy knees, Batman!
Mom lets me dress myself
Circa 1996, Singing Mammogram gig at Churchill's in Flint, MI. Why did I think those jeans were cool at any time after 1989? But check out the extremely surfalicious, bad-ass Jag-Stang guitar I'm brandishing.




Seconds from sliding off the couch.
Hangover
Probably 1986. I'm sporting a hangover, which was not at all unusual for me in those days.



And finally, the best of today's batch:
The indignity of mud
This is my niece, probably in 1989 or so (she will be 21 this Thursday). I would guess that the mud bath was not her idea.

10 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Closet Metro said...

If only you could have also included a Olivia Newton-John-esque headband and leotard outfit.

(The Jag-Stang is very, very bad-ass.)

12:55 AM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

I wanna get physical! Let me hear your body talk, your body talk.

Oh Dear God... I actually know those lyrics. Kill me now.

1:18 AM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

You were the ultimate anti-80's, 80's chick. I was afraid of people like you.

Now, of course, I'm simply terrified. :)

3:53 AM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

Ilove the trip down memory lane. Niece looks pretty unhappy there. Someone momentarily knocked her off of her princess throne. :)

8:27 AM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

PS -- Happy (early) birthday to my niece!

12:05 PM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

You like that hair color? It reminds me of a couple of twins who lived in the apartment next to me when I was a sophomore in college. As I remember it, the girls hated their hair color.

Jeans with holy knees, chaps without ass covering—Bucky, you are obsessed with exposing your body. Why were you never a stripper?

Do you not have pictures of after you slipped off the couch?

Poor muddy niece! She doesn’t look very happy about her situation.

1:20 PM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger hemlock said...

Oh come on, those jeans are BAD ASS!

4:00 PM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Closet - I love that geetar. But not enough to wear the Olivia Newton-John workout gear.

Eclectic - You need a brain scrub. It helps, trust me.

Jim - I'm harmless, really, unless you count mental trauma as "harm."

El Squirlo - I'm betting an older brother or two had something to do with her sudden descent.

Eclectic - She just can't be that old yet...not possible...

SS Nick - I would love my hair to be that color. And I was never a stripper because...god, where do I start? I had friends in the biz try to talk me into it, in my firmer years, but I just never had the self-confidence, or even rudimentary dancing skills. And I fall off of heels with little provocation.

Mike - no, she looks like she was in between angry tear storms there. But then again, that is the same niece who drew the picture of herself "poking out aunt Katy's eyes with knitting needles" so I guess I know why I thought this was funny enough to photograph.

LeafGirl - oh, I was SO bad-ass. I could wear those with the pictured black tights OR I could wear them with my fuschia tights. Now THERE was a statement.

5:44 PM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Here's mud in your eye, kid.

7:43 PM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lordy. The Mom in me is screaming "GET OFF THE UPHOLSTERED CHAIR!"

I need help.

I also need to raid my Mom's pictures...

11:17 AM, April 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home