the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, January 04, 2007

We want the funk

Typical two-faced Gemini

Ping-ping-ping goes my attention span:

  • James Brown. Do I have to say more? Do I need to jump back, gonna kiss myself? Like a sex machine? We miss you, Godfather.

  • I was just idly glancing at a stack on CDs on my bookshelf, and wondered to myself, "When did I buy a CD by some group named Wanger?" Then, of course, I realized it was a classical CD, and it said Wagner. Musical dyslexia, anyone?

  • Earlier tonight, I was enjoying some quality time with my ABC Soaps in Depth magazine (by which I mean I was reading it on the can), and I'd finished all the General Hospital stuff in there and was bored. Consequently, I started checking out the All My Children opinions section, because I kinda sorta know some of the characters on there. I must say, it's a fortunate thing I was in that particular chair, because otherwise I might've crapped my pants laughing at one fan's opinion about the character Bianca:

    I applaud AMC for keeping a lesbian character on the show, but she's so boxed in...

    Oh, please please please tell me this woman had her tongue in her cheek - or someone's cheek - when she wrote that...

  • This one's for Mr. Bloggerific, because he was just complaining that he doesn't see enough pictures of cats around here:

    Strange yet handsome


    You are getting sleeeeeepy

    Heigh Ho, Silver!

    Eleven blur 2
    It's a FLASHLIGHT, m'kay?

16 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Hmm... we have that same err... flashlight. :-) Happy New Year, Bucky!

8:25 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Don't bother using the flashlight line, no one ever believes me.

Those kittens are kinda cute. I guess. You sure you don't want just ONE more?

8:36 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

I'm glad to see my personal favorite, Friday. Been wondering what he was up to (he's got that tuxedo cat hyperalert look in his eyes...never bodes well for the caretaker human).

Oh yeah...a world without James Brown. Inconceivable! (I always hear that word pronounced in my head in Shawn Wallace's voice from "The Princess Bride". Am I the only one?)

9:51 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Uh, huh...flashlight.
Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays?

10:12 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Susie said...

I was so eager to hear a review of Wanger's most recent CD. Sounded perfectly reasonable that you would be a Wanger afficionado.

10:58 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Bone Machine said...

Wanger should try and get an opening slot with Nashville Pussy.

Never has the phrase "opening slot" sounded so vulgar.

I'm kind of proud of myself actually.

11:46 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Bone, that was just beautiful. ;P

James Brown will be missed. I thought we had Wagner, too. Maybe I'd better double-check that.

Kitties!

2:40 PM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Those kitty cats are cute as pie
I want one!!
They make me sneeze like a bitch though!

4:44 PM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Madame D said...

Holy crap those kittens are cute! And getting so big!

11:35 PM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

JDR - I didn't realize how incriminating it looked until I started looking at the set of photos on my computer. But I had to keep it, if only for the giggle factor.

Charlotte - Does it take the same big ol' batteries this one does? ;)

Mr. B - Oh, I'm always up for ONE more cat. Of course, when I went to get the kittens, I ended up with just TWO more. So you can see how slippery that slope is...

HTGT - No, I always hear the word said just the same way.
And Friday is definitely bad news in a neat little package.

M_D - I can't decide if it looks more like a sex toy or a - ahem - smoking device.

Susie - as long as is isn't WINGER, we're okay.

Bone - you should be proud. Take some kudos out of petty cash.

Squirl - never good to get the Wanger and the Wagner crossed up in the CD collection.

Pissy - I developed an allergy to cats in my 30s, but apparently, being thrown in with an even dozen has shocked the allergy right outta my system.

Madame D - thanks! I don't know if I'll tell them how cute you think they are; they have attitude enough as it is.

12:16 AM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Bone Machine said...

I guess there is a big difference in Ride Of The Valkyries by Wagner and Wanger. I am thinking that Wanger's version is a tad more interesting.

1:08 AM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Bucky!

Mr B - Hubby always asks me that, too... "Just one more..." but he's talking kids, not cats.

1:33 PM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Could be a 2-in-1.
:o)

10:11 PM, January 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*off topic*
love your cat photos allways anytime babe ;o)
you rock !!!

4:56 AM, January 07, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

Bloggy probably shouldn't have asked for more pussy, but it's nice of you to accomodate him by posting photos of yours, and then one of Jessica's too.

11:14 AM, January 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so off topic but you are the only person I sorta kinda think would appreciate the fact that I AM GOING TO SEE BOB SEGER IN CONCERT! February 12-in Little Rock, Arkansas. That is all-I now return you to your regularly scheduled monkey madness.....

2:03 PM, January 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home