the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Poking my head over your cubicle

Thought I'd run out and abandoned the place, huh? I just realized I haven't posted since Tuesday. Sorry!

I've had my hands full, literally, the last week or so. Burly girlie work. Moving heavy boxes of tchotchkes (and you know I'm not kidding about that) and shoveling snow. Or, falling off the steps into the snow, which I did most gracelessly whilst moving my couch bed out to the van. It didn't hurt, but sonofabitch was it cold!

I've finally got cable and internet here, but I must cut this short and get my pasty old ass on the road in short order here. I'd be tempted to stay on another day to organize and putter, but I have to return the van tomorrow morning.

Oh! Oh! The housewarming gifts have begun arriving. I have a list of folks whose packages I've already received (ahem), and I will email you later tonight/tomorrow morning. There are more packages that couldn't be delivered, so I'm going to pick those up when I get back here next weekend. Oh, and to the person who sent the cat cubes and the rice cooker - I'm not sure from the paperwork who I'm thanking, so please drop me an email!

Speaking of cat cubes, what do you think is the first use they got here?


Cube-head and the mandrill

I actually stole the idea from Tardist, who was the first to model the cat cube, and who spent the better part of an evening with his hand up the mandrill's ass. Sorry, I just can't multitask like that.

Talk to y'all soon.

8 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Hi Bucky! Glad you came up for air. Tardist sounds like a remarkable person, what with all that multitasking and so forth. And at least the mandrill is unpacked!

3:29 PM, February 11, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy life, Bucky! That what you're on this planet to do.

4:58 PM, February 11, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

I got to try on the cat cube, too. But I didn't have my hand up the mandrill's ass. Not my thang to do.

Hope you're just about home by now.

5:38 PM, February 11, 2007  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Damn. Sorry I've been away so long and missed so much. I admire your strength, and your abiblity to keep perspective and sense of humor.

give the Calvanists hell!

8:06 PM, February 11, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

Damn Blogger and its comment-foiling ways -- I tried and tried yesterday to comment, but to no avail:

Get your head out of the cat's box!

***whew***

(I was so worried someone would say that first.)

8:41 PM, February 12, 2007  
Blogger Effie said...

I love your headdress..quite fetching...

2:47 PM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger Ortizzle said...

The cat cube looks like the perfect solution for a Bad Hair Day.

Hope things are going well in your new abode.

6:50 PM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger Bone Machine said...

That's a swell hat. Not as aerodynamic as a Devo hat, but it's nifty nonetheless.

10:16 AM, February 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home