the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Self-Portrait Thursday


Self portrait with Spiderman and teabags

This posting is in conjunction with selfportraitday.com

1. My name is Katy
2. I live in Flint, Michigan, and I'm a system administrator.
3. The first time I encountered the Internet was in college, probably
when I was about 27. Must not have made too much of an impression,
'cause I can't pinpoint the event. But I've certainly become
addicted since.
4. My favorite sandwich is a Big John's sub, vegetarian on white,
hold the olives and oil, with extra mushrooms.
5. On a Sunday evening, I can be found watching "The Sopranos" and
"Deadwood" when HBO deigns to show them, and otherwise lounging about
the house and whining 'cause the weekend's over.

Bonus Information:
I keep a size 7/8 miniskirt in my closet, just to torture myself. It will never, ever fit over my thighs again, much less my Twinkie-fied ass.

25 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not just ONE teabag, but FOUR. And spiderman. And teabags. Wait, is this a la carte or an all-you can eat buffet?

9:39 AM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Dazed -- as the fabulous Candye Kane says, "All you can eat, and you can eat it all night long!"

9:41 AM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger ScottyGee said...

Sweet pic! I am digging the Spiderman and mysterious teabags. I am sort of afraid of the tea bags. They look a little menacing. Chamomille is a bully, I swear it.

9:47 AM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Scotty, chamomile is all bark and no bite. It's that quiet, unassuming green tea you really have to watch. Antioxidant=no oxygen, and that sounds pretty sinister to me.

9:53 AM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Oooh, Bucky, you vera sixsy ledy. Maka me wanna clicka you google.

11:01 AM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Google me, baby. . .goooooogle me!

11:13 AM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger Strizz said...

My son is wearing his Spiderman costume as we speak, and was quite excited when he found out they come in adult sizes.

12:34 PM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Striz, tell Spiderman for me that you're never too old to have a Spiderman shower curtain. Even if you don't have kids.

Just don't tell him a developmentally disabled person passed on that information.

1:20 PM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger Amanda B. said...

I like your picture very much. Groovay.

Hey I was just kidding about Monkey. Only not really because I love monkies. Not that I don't love vaginas, just not in that way, not that there's anything wrong with that.

2:00 PM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger cakeboom said...

I
LOVE
IT!
Love the tea bags and Spiderman. Perfect!
AND you got you some nice locks, girl.

3:49 PM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger Ern said...

Lovely pic, girlie!

I keep a size 7 or 8 miniskirt in my closet too! I have little hope of fitting in it again, and even if I did, I don't think I would wear that short of a skirt at this point in my life. But we have to hold on to hope, right?

4:04 PM, February 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, you look like a rock star. We sorta nicknamed people randomly while building the site and you were named "Rock Star"

The teabags confused me a bit, I must add. But I actually enjoy being confused. It builds imagination.

--mihow

4:06 PM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Hey now, I like my green tea, don't be doggin' it.

I did get the tea bag appearance, and you got a little smile and 2 thumbs up.

4:19 PM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

'Manda, it's OK to like monkeys just for friends. Just don't squirt Massengil at the wrong "monkey." Stings their little eyes.

Mihow -- I figured since I can't stop with the teabaggin' talk, they must be a part of my self portrait.
And I'm a pretend rock star. I make Jim throw underpants at me and stuff.

5:32 PM, February 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Bucky, I think you're a FOR REALS rock star. In fact, I have your 45 of "Drag Me Through the Hell Slime, Mamma" - your vocals on that were AMAZING - second only to the jammin' guitar riffs. And the flute and dulcimer solos only added to its fabulousness.

7:24 PM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Dazed, you really, really don't wanna know how I played that flute.

This one time, at band camp. . .

7:26 PM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Very nice pic!

7:36 PM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl, wasn't that you wailin' on the dulcimer on "Drag Me Through the Hell Slime, Mamma" ?

7:39 PM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I'm sure I could wail a dulcimer with the best of them. But just don't try to blame me for the flute.

7:52 PM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

we all wanna see a pic of you trying to get into the mini skirt...c'mon you can do it!

nice pic!

And from my daughter....she looks like a hippy, only pretty!

9:20 PM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

I have a size 78 mini skirt too!
Oh. Wait. You said 7/8.
Um. Yeah. Never mind.

11:46 PM, February 24, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I'm currently wiggling into that 78 miniskirt of which you write, LadyBug.

'Bear: Tell your daughter I said "Peace, man!"

So glad I washed my hair before I took this picture!

7:30 AM, February 25, 2005  
Blogger Annejelynn said...

I am so soooo --from now on-- gonna refer to my rump as a 'twinkie-fied ass'

7:50 PM, February 25, 2005  
Blogger Annejelynn said...

would those teabags be of the 'smooth moves' persuasion?

7:52 PM, February 25, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I'm not sure if I think teabagging is a smooth move or not. I guess it depends entirely upon how much I've had to drink!

7:56 PM, February 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home