the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, June 25, 2007

How I spent my weekend

Now that I've rediscovered painting, I seem to be un-discovering other things, like remembering to eat, or basic hygiene. Yesterday, I ping-ponged all day between painting, editing my book, and grading papers. If we could replace the "grading papers" with "soaked in the tub while savoring a glass of chianti" that would be even better. But it was still a great day.

As for getting over that "first painting in a million years" hump, once I'd stared holes in the 8 by 10 canvas for an hour or so, I just jumped in with my brushes blazing and no real plan. Turned out to be just the right thing, and the result is my newest proof of mental illness, entitled Whore clown in decline:


Whore clown in decline (8 X 10)

Apologies for the blurry picture; I just held the painting in one hand and the camera in the other. I'll take nicer pictures with a tripod and such later. Right now, I've got another painting started, and I hear it calling me.

18 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Awesome!!

4:21 PM, June 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's fantastic. I'm digging the colors; and hoping that a less blurry photo shows the textures better.
15 years is waaay too long to have not picked up a paint brush, woman! Keep it up! =)

4:27 PM, June 25, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

Paint on, Bucky.

5:04 PM, June 25, 2007  
Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

Delicious. Yay you!

7:26 PM, June 25, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Keep going, Bucky!! Very cool painting. And "editing a book"???? Get down with your creative self, girl!!

9:29 PM, June 25, 2007  
Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

Whore clown in decline? Bucky, you are the limit.

10:44 PM, June 25, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

So what if you’re obsessive-compulsive, Bucky! Painting is a great obsession to have and, from the look of that clown, you have vast talent (as I have said over and over and over).

Keep creating the art, my dear!

11:51 PM, June 25, 2007  
Blogger Stepmom said...

you are totally inspiring me to get back into drawing & printmaking. now i need a table too.

12:30 AM, June 26, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Awesome! Keep at it, Bucky!

12:32 AM, June 26, 2007  
Blogger Ortizzle said...

Love it! Just two things:

1. I would call it "Whore Clown Meltdown" (the colors overall are too upbeat for her to be in decline)

2. Were you watching Friday and Thirteen when you painted the eye on the right?!

8:28 AM, June 26, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wooo! Nice! Sell 'em on eBay!

10:56 PM, June 26, 2007  
Blogger Kranki said...

Excellent! Glad the creative juices are flowing even if it means stubborn stains.

11:47 PM, June 26, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Kranki - I usually put a towel down for that. ;)

2:09 AM, June 27, 2007  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Bucky, I can always count on you to say something entertaining when I'm still up and surfing.
:-)
:-)
:-)

3:37 AM, June 27, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Folks, this looks even better in person!

I hope the clown doesn't melt in all this heat.

12:08 PM, June 27, 2007  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I'm afraid of clowns.
Seriously.
Even whore ones.

12:35 PM, June 27, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

So your it's you pic that's blurry i thought it was just my eyes having just soacked in the tub and drank a glass of chianit! :O)

Lovin' the clown you have a great talent.

3:30 PM, June 27, 2007  
Blogger Lori Denine and her cat said...

Wow! I want one!

7:52 PM, June 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home