the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Let me count the ways...

Reasons I am stupid*:

  • I'm currently watching a rerun of Who Wants To Be a Millionaire with Regis hosting. Voluntarily.
  • There's a strong possibility that I will be adopting a new cat soon. She is a mellow, lapsitting sweetheart, and is an unusual visual combination of calico, cow kitty, and tabby. Once I get some flea treatment on her, I'm going to bring her home and see how the boys react to her. I'm thinking an unassuming female might not cause too much unrest and revolt among the spoiled trio already here. Because, um, I really need another cat.
  • My DVD of Planet Terror (Robert Rodriguez' half of Grindhouse) arrived last week. I've watched the director's cut more times than I care to admit, whether I'm paying full attention to it or just have it on in the background. I've seen all the special features, listened to the commentary, and even played it one time with the audience reaction backing track. I think I want to have Robert Rodriguez' babies. Oh, wait. I think he has enough already.
  • OK, I get some brain points back for not being able to stand Millionaire and changing the channel. Oh, look - Sin City is on! "She doesn't quite chop his head off...she makes a Pez dispenser out of him." Gotta love a movie where the deadly whores rule their own turf.
  • I can't seem to write a post that isn't a list. Just be glad I'm not posting those pictures of my bare ass on the copy machine at Walmart. Or the one at Meijer. Or that one in the corner at the library. I, ah, I get asked to move on and not return, kind of on a regular basis.


* this list is by no means exhaustive.

8 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

When Alex and I are less tired, let us recommend some, uh, sane TV shows.

I assume you have conquered your cat allergies since becoming the servant of your felines.

Your fixation on Robert Rodriguez will eventually fade.

Lists? Are these really lists? I thought you were emulating Allen Ginsberg’s "stream of consciousness" style.

3:07 AM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Nothing wrong with lists. Life would come to a screeching halt without them. Well, mine would anyway.

3:23 AM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Yes, stream of consciousness. That does sound more accurate. And we all want to emulate Allen Ginsberg.

8:15 AM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know what I love about you Bucky? You make me feel so *normal*. ;)

I've been thinking in lists lately, too.

9:39 AM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

SSNick - no, my stream of consciousness would have a lot more cursing and explicit sex in it. ;)
And I'm still allergic to the cats, but it's quite manageable and worth the effort.

Lynn - some days, it's the only way I can get anything written. And my post lists are always less comprehensive than my shopping lists.

Squirl - by emulating Ginsberg, do you mean that we all want to write poetry while sucking dick? ;)
(Of course, you're right.)

CKelli - There's no way you can feel totally normal with three kids. :D

12:57 PM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

What? Did I say I felt *totally* normal? No, I don't believe I did...

9:58 PM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

What?? Like the copiers at Walmart weren't put there precisely for people who need photocopies of their bare asses?! Of COURSE they were!

11:26 PM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

No, just exhaustING. Oh, no, sorry, that's me, not you. Happens all the time.

4:53 AM, October 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home