the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, February 01, 2008

Lazy Bucky's quickies

Thanks for your content suggestions! I will definitely be dipping into that list for my next few posts. This one, though, is the usual chaos. Tally ho!

  • This is the best news story I've read in a spell. See if you don't laugh out loud at least once by the time you finish it.

  • I don't know if it's because I live alone or if I've always done it and just never noticed, but I talk out loud to myself all the time. I'm starting to catch myself doing it in public more and more often, which makes me wonder just how soon I'll have to start dodging the butterfly nets. Nobody warned me that my scant social graces would run down the drain in midlife.

  • Friday continues to be his weird little self:

    A tuxie in the blinds

  • I could go for a couple more of those 45-degree days like we had in between snowstorms last week. Of course, when the snow melts, it reminds me that I still have a shitload of leaves I have to rake. I'm sure my neighbors just love me. At least I don't have a car up on blocks in the driveway, or a goat tethered in the side yard. (I keep my goat in the shed.)

  • It's not just my yard, either; I'm also the world's worst housekeeper (source: the opinion of me and everyone who visits me, although those folks are too polite to say it). When I get rich, I'm adding a maid and a personal assistant to my entourage. Oh, I'll probably need to get an entourage first. Adds "get entourage" to bucket list.

  • If I'm going to have an entourage, though, I would prefer to call it a posse. That sounds more like they actually like me, whereas "entourage" suggests to me that my friends are paid for their time. Plus, it's more fun to say "posse." "Have you seen my posse?" "Hey, my posse ran into your posse last night." "Nobody can lick my posse!"

  • No new Project Runway this week. I'm having slight pangs of withdrawal. Damn, it's more addictive than a soap opera. And 54% gayer.

  • Diarrhea. Nothing about it, really; I just felt the word hadn't been used here nearly enough in recent memory.

14 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cha cha cha

11:40 PM, February 01, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

It’s nice to know that us old dudes can get the best of a pickpocket!

Consider that at home you aren’t talking to yourself, but to the cats. I talk to Alex all of the time. Now, outside your home is another matter. “One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the coo-coo’s nest.”

All cats seem weird; at least to us inferior humans. Just ask Alex.

Neighbors with cars up on blocks? I thought you were in Michigan. Have you returned here to Kentucky?

Just get disabled like me and let the VA provide the housekeeper.

I’ve said enough. (Posse and diarrhea require no comments)

7:49 AM, February 02, 2008  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*shakes head NO to posse, reminds him too much of a failed talk show*



*ewww*

9:11 AM, February 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the article :)

I think talking to yourself at home can be a very good thing. I do that; and I talk out loud to God. In public . . . yea, that's gonna get you noticed. Maybe stick one of those ear things on so it looks like your talking on a cell phone.

I'm a worse housekeeper than you. Ooh, but watch Clean House. That makes me feel not quite so bad.

I can't hear "posse" without thinking of Bonanza from back in the day. They always used to get up a posse. heh

10:25 AM, February 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yea, and I need some new PR, too. The only reality show I like that's had a new episode is Drunk-Ass Celebrities, on which Daniel Baldwin felt he had to leave the hacienda this week on accounta the nipples in the pool.

10:27 AM, February 02, 2008  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

I live alone and if I didn't talk to myself, I wouldn't know what to do next. And besides, I don't want the only words the cats hear coming from me be, "Fiero, you asshole!!!!"

(LMAO at susie's, "on accounta the nipples in the pool." Yeah, just got hooked on THAT one, too.)

3:25 PM, February 02, 2008  
Blogger Squirl said...

I heard that story on the radio the other and a very satisfactory laugh. That'll teach the punk!

Maybe talking out loud to yourself runs in the family. Susie and I both do it.

Reality tv and the writers' strike keep making me love my books, magazines, and computers more every day.

And I looooove that Friday picture. I still say he's looking adoringly at you.

7:51 PM, February 02, 2008  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

ThatFarmGirl - everybody dance!

SSNick - I don't think the VA would give me shit. They'd probably beat me up! ;)

Mr. B - so I shouldn't go for the AH haircut I was contemplating?

Susie - I'd never watched Drunk-Ass Celebrities until you said something about it on one of my posts last week. Then I happened across it while channel surfing a night or two later. GAAAAAA! What's become of my Kenicki? (People too young to get this - I mean Jeff Conaway. Total wheelchair-bound cokehead now.)

HTGT - Yeah, I guess that's a valid point. Otherwise there'd be a lot of "NO! THIRTEEN! STOP THAT!" and nothing else.

7:54 PM, February 02, 2008  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl, ya sneaked in on me there! I'm honestly not sure if I used to talk to myself when I lived with other people. Of course, I get more time for running narratives and such now with the cats letting me do all the talking.

What they really hate is when I break out the karaoke songs on my iPod and sing my heart out. Eeyore always runs up to me and looks...well, I guess slightly distressed, but more irritated than anything. "Woman, cease that caterwauling! Are you inSANE?"

At least no one is throwing up.

7:58 PM, February 02, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that pic of Friday! Very cool.

It's always a good day when no one throws up. It's a better day when you're one of the people not throwing up.

The little clowns ask too many questions when I talk to myself, so I've stopped doing it.

Kenicki is wheelchair bound? No kidding...

11:08 AM, February 03, 2008  
Blogger eclectic said...

Friday is just so pretty! I know, this is the Cotillion and all, but really, he is such a handsome guy I can't think of anything else to say. I have a crush on your gay cat.

12:35 PM, February 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoveled my ass off again today and thought of you. I'm in SoCA for God's sake. Can't imagine Michigan. My Mom was from 3 Rivers. Came here as a teen with her newly divorced (OMG) Mom. She could never fathom why I would choose to live where it snows in CA. (well, it is beautiful and a ka workout). Will admit I'm a bit sick of it; 5 tons is my limit...

10:47 PM, February 04, 2008  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Such a pretty kitty boy...

I loved that story. I have to say that was awesome.

If it makes you feel better, I talk to myself all the damn time.


When you get your group together, make sure they have enough water with them at all times because nobody likes a dry posse.

12:13 AM, February 05, 2008  
Blogger Annejelynn said...

I just have to say that I love it that you are now a kitty-keeper-lover

4:13 AM, February 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home